Chapter 12

Alex woke up and got off the bed looking around the room. He did not see anything new but he ached a lot. He looked at the clock. It was 5 pm in the afternoon. He went to the window that was in his room and sat on the ledge. He was thinking of how he was going to die. When he heard someone walk in. He did not turn around. Wolf was waiting at the door.

"Time to go Cub." Wolf said. Alex did not move. He closed his eyes for a minute and opened them back up. He got up slowly and walked over to Wolf. Before Alex could walk out of the room Wolf stopped him. "It's not your fault that Fox got hurt."

"Yes it is." Alex said and he walked out of the room and they got into the jeep. Alex hopped in the very back and Fox was up front with Wolf. Snake and Eagle were behind them. Alex just looked out the window. Silence claimed the car and Eagle was getting fidgety.

"If no ones going to talk then I will." Eagle said. "Or maybe I'll sing a song." Wolf rolled his eyes. Fox turned around to see Eagle.

"Don't you darn Eagle." Fox said. Alex keep looking out the window. "Hey Cub?" Fox said. Alex did nothing. Snake turned around to look at Alex. Eagle did the same. They saw a broken kid. They all frowned. They turned back around to face the front. They were almost back at BB. Wolf parked the car and everyone filled out of the car. Alex went to their cabin to change into different cloths. Then he went walking around the camp. Fox found Alex and ran to him.

"Hey Cub. You feeling alright?" Fox asked. Alex keep walking. Fox grabbed Alex and made Alex face him. Alex in returned looked at the ground. "Look at me." Alex looked up. "It's not your fault that I got hurt. I was protecting you. I'm fine, see I have been walking around." Fox said.

"I can't handle more people dying because of me." Alex said quietly. He keep walking in to the woods. Alex finally stopped at the tree he had been at.

"Why do you like this tree?" Fox asked.

"I'm not sure. I just feel at peace here." Alex closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Fox sat down next to Alex.

"How do you not feel pain when you got shot. It hurts like hell." Fox asked. Alex smiled keeping his eyes.

"Be shot and tortured help with pain tolerance. It still hurts like bloody hell but not as bad as somethings they do." Alex said. He opened his eyes and looked at Fox. "I'm guessing your not shot at all the time unlike I am."

"Well I am always the one not being shot at and we don't do a lot of missions sometimes." Fox said. He looked at his watch. "Come on Cub. Time to go to bed. Big day tomorrow." Fox said getting up. Alex got up and started to walk with Fox when he felt his heart hurt. He knew something was wrong. He pushed Fox down to the ground and a bullet went passed them.

"Run." Alex said to Fox both of them started to run. Alex felt pain in his back and legs but he keep running till they got into the cabin. Alex closed the door behind them and his back was against the door.

"What happen?" Wolf asked Fox.

"Someone started shoting at us in the woods." Fox said.

"You sure your guys are alright?" Wolf asked. Fox nodded and Alex did as well. He stepped away from the door and sat down. "I think Alex need to lay low for now. He is getting hurt way too much. ai Think Hawiia is nice this time of year." Wolf said.

"Maybe. But for now lets not worry about that." Eagle said. They all went to sleep. In the morning Alex woke up early and packed his things. He left a note for them to find. He wanted some R&R. The one thing that would haunt him is the Scorpion burned into his skin. He hopped in a plane headed for Hawaii and he was under the name Alex Smith. No one could bother him now. He could finall be free for a few minutes. He didn't have to think about anything just sun and relaxing. The probem was that it would not last long for him.