21. Meet the Family

Olivia's POV

"If you were calling me, I'm sorry. My phone broke and I spent most of the morning getting a new one." I say after Spencer looks at me strangely.

"Shit! You had me nervous." He says with a sigh of relief as I watch his eyes smile. "I called and texted you like ten times. How'd it break?"

"It's a long story. But I'm good now." I answer as I show him my new phone.

"I mean, we have nothing but time," he says as he, sarcastically, points out of the window towards the clouds.

"Honestly, I went to see Colson last night!" I blurt out quickly.

"Really? Why?" He questions. And by the look on his face, I can tell he's as nervous as I feel right now.

"I said I wasn't, but I had to know what he wanted. And I needed my mail."

He shifts in his seat, uncomfortably as I watch his face go from nervous to disappointment in a matter of seconds.

"So that's why you got here minutes before the flight took off?" He asks before taking a sip of water.

"Yes and no!" I answer, unclearly. "I did have to replace my broken phone and I picked up snacks. But the reason it broke is Colson."

"Olivia!" Spencer whispers in, obvious, disappointment. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

I hesitate as I think about everything that went on last night. And, sadly, I convince myself that now isn't the time to go into details.

"I'm fine! He didn't touch me. But while we were talking, an incoming call came through with your name. So he threw a bitch fit and knocked it off of the table."

"That wouldn't have happened had you told  me you were going to see him," he says with a slight attitude.

"I know and I'm sorry for not telling you," I respond sincerely.

"Did you know you were going to see him before I even got out of the car last nig—"

"—-No, Spencer. At that time I was just trying to figure out why he called." I cut him off as I answer truthfully. "

"And you're sure everything's okay now?" He asks and I nod.

"It's fine. I'm here with you." I say while he smiles hesitantly. "And that's all I care about!"

"Did you get the answers you need?" He asks sincerely and I take deep breaths. "C'mon Olivia. Be real with me."

"I am— I— I just don't want you thinking I'm interested in Colson at all."

"I don't have a reason to think that, right?" Spencer tells me as he lays his head back on the headrest. "Besides, I can't afford to take another 'L' anytime soon."

"What are you talking about?" I ask and he laughs to himself.

I watch his foot tap in anxiousness as he begins to form his words.

"I went to get the suitcase and I found Iyonna in Shawn's house robe."

I cover my mouth as I prevent the small scream I almost let out when he let that cat out of the bag.

"Shut— up!" I say in shock. "Oh my goodness, are you serious?"

"Apparently, they had sex in the bowling alley bathroom," he continues and I begin to giggle.

"Aww, poor baby! Did you think you were special when she was smashing you in public restrooms?" I ask sarcastically and he takes my teasing with a, lighthearted, smile.