Chapter 38

Maggie

I'm now getting ready for Sandro's dad proclamation rally and he won't stop reminding me. 

Maggie! Come to the event ha!

Honey!! MAKE SURE YOU'RE FREE

Wear the polo I bought for you! NOT THE RED DRESS! THAT'S FOR ME!

Want me to pick you up? CAN I PLEASE PICK YOU UP

Maggie! Tomorrow ha!

Maggie! You'll be with your family, right? TOMORROW HA! I MEET YOU THERE

MAGGIEEEE I'M SO NERVOUS HOLD MY HAND PLS BABY

THE EVENT IS LATER!

LATER NA YUNG EVENT WHAT ARE YOU DOING

MAHAL, WHERE ARE YOU?! I WANT YOUR HAND!

Hay nako, wala siya katigil tigil reminding me but I really find it cute how he treasures things like that. I replied to some of his messages because he won't stop texting me and asking me where I was. I came out of the car with my family and saw the arena was filled with a lot of people. They really do love and support their family. 

I called Sandro and walked to the entrance. My brothers are also with their girlfriend to support Sandro's family as well. They've all become close with Sandro and insisted they want to support their proclamation rally. We went up to the entrance and asked the guard for Sandro. Hindi kasi siya nasagot sa tawag ko baka busy. 

"Nako ma'am. Hindi po kayo pwede dun dito lang po kayo" Tinuro niya yung entrance sa arena sa mga upuan.

"Ang sabi po kasi ni Sandro, dun po kami dumeretso sakanila. I tried calling him but he's not answering po"

"Nako, lumang style na yan ma'am. Ganyan po sinasabi ng mga dalagitang may gusto kay sir. Sandro" tumawa naman yung guard. I looked at my family and they were confused. I understand that they're just doing their job. I guess Sandro didn't tell the guard about us. I looked at my papa and he simply nodded telling me to just go with it. 

"Sige po. Sorry po sa abala, kuya" 

"Okay lang po ma'am, pasok na po kayo" Pumasok na kami at narinig yung mga sigaw at pag che-cheer sa mga Marcos. Napangiti naman ako sa dami ng tao na talagang sumusuporta. I'm sure Sandro is very proud of his dad. I tried calling him again but I still can't reach his phone. 

"Maggie, there's a space right there" Tinuro naman ni papa at pumunta na kami. We were all wearing red and I was wearing one of Sandro's polos. He insisted on making me wear it. As we walk through the crowd. I can feel some eyes staring at me. I held my mom's hand tightly feeling my anxiety build up from all the staring. Does anyone know that we're dating? I mean, yeah we told some in Ilocos but I don't know if anyone really knows the truth. 

"I gotta say, mija. This is amazing" papa commented. 

"I like Sandro and malay mo, You'll be the first lady of the Philippines" I looked at my dad and felt a tear escape my eye. 

"Thank you papa" I gave him a hug and he kissed my forehead. This is the first time my dad actually approves of who I am dating. Kuya Jackson gave me a hug as well kasi nakikinig siya sa usapan namin. Sabay sabay kaming nag cheer sakanila and naki sali sa chant. We love their family because they've been so nice to us and supported us for the past few months. 

I noticed my phone vibrating and saw Sandro calling me, 

"Maggie?!" 

"Sands! We're here na. We found a vacant spot. Mag start na ba?" I yelled through the phone kasi pati sarili ko hindi ko na marinig dahil sa mga nasigaw.