Epilogue

"Are you nervous?" Blaine asks his husband and Kurt nods "Unbelievable right? I performed in front of thousands already. The world knows me. And now there are about 100 people and I'm nervous?". Blaine takes Kurts hands in his "It's okay. This is very personal but I'm right out there, looking up to you and support you with the others".

Kurt takes a deep breath before he says "Thanks". "Always my love. But now I have to go. I think you're up in a few moments and I still have to find the others" Blaine says and after one more quick kiss he leaves the backstage area.

The little moment Kurt has still time until he has to go up on stage he gets lost in his memory, thinking about the past years.

After high school Kurt and Rachel got into NYADA and Blaine into NYU so the three friends moved together in an apartment in New York with Santana joining them a bit later.

Finn stayed in Lima, helping Burt in the shop and Mr. Schue in Glee Vlub with the goal of being a teacher one day. He and Rachel decided to try a long distance relationship and it's actually still going very well for them.

Already while attempting classes at NYADA Kurt and Rachel got small roles on Broadway. From time to time those roles got bigger and at some point lead roles. Now with only 26 years the two best friends are Broadway legends, while still being close and supporting each other like best friends do.

Blaine tries to keep his life a bit calmer. Well he still has paparazzis following him since he's dating the Broadway legend Kurt Hummel but that's it. He's working at a hospital on the kids station. In high school he found out that he's very interested in music therapy and so now he helps the kids with music therapy. He likes to take care of them, entertain them or distract them from the pain or whatever is bothering them.

Once Kurt and Blaie finally found an apartment not too far from their friends Kurt and Blaine moved together, leaving the apartment for Rachel and Santana.

Two years ago Blaine finally found the courage he needed to ask Kurt the most important question ever. Santana helped him pick out a ring and Blaine actually started to plan a big proposal with a show. But he knows Kurt to well. After having to perform eight times a week all that Kurt wants is enjoying some privacy with the man he loves and that was completely okay.

So that evening when Kurt came home exhausted as always Blaine had cooked for the two of them. They ate and cuddled a bit on the couch before Blaine stood up and went down on his knee in front of Kurt and only Kurt, asking him to marry him.

Kurt of course said yes and about a half year later the two got married.

And now they are here at one of the most important moments in Kurts life. Or one of the most important moments but definitly more important than any show he did or any reason he ever stood on a stage before.

"And now I'm happy to announce our star guest here at the stand up to cancer benefit gala" a voice brings Kurt back to reality "Broadway star and cancer survivor Kurt Hummel-Anderson".

With his signiture smile Kurt walks up on stage and to the podium. But his smile vanishes slightly with the words stuck in his throat when he looks down to his speech. He worked months on it, making who knows how many different speeches, but it still doesn't seem right.

He looks up again, finding his husbands eyes and smiling face in the crowd quickly. With him his dad, Carol, Pam, Finn, Rachel and the New Directions, Nick, Jeff, Sebastian and the Warblers and with Sebastians boyfriend Hunter.

Sebastian works in foster care now to help kids not becoming the way he did. That's where he met and fell in love with Hunter. He found his Kurt and just like Blaine told him back then, he's so much better now.

Looking into his friends and familys faces kurt decides he'll just improvise so he tells "My mother too had cancer. Breast cancer. She beat it once but it came back. Sadly she lost the second fight but I know now that she's at a better place now without the pain. When you know someone who had cancer and died from it you'll say that at least this person doesn't feel the pain anymore. But only who also had cancer can really relate to the pain this person went through. It still hurts a lot sometimes to not have her around but I know that she's proud of me and would be proud no matter where I would be right now if not up on this stage here.

Two years after my mother died I got diagnosed with leukemia and I felt like my whole world fell apart. But I fought and when just like my mother cancer decided to come back and fight me again, I fought back again. I'm not gonna lie, there were times where I just wanted to close my eyes and be with my mom, wanting the pain to stop but for once she would've personally brought me back here, telling me to keep fighting. And secondly I couldn't just leave my dad alone here because that would've ended in chaos".

For that Kurt earns a cuckle from the crowd before he continues "I was 10 and 14 at the times that I got my diagnoses but as much as I just wanted it to stop sometimes I kept on fighting. And it was totally worth it. It's always woth it to keep fighting. No matter in which position you are, the sick one or a relative, it's one of the worst feelings I and so many others have ever felt. And we should all fight together against this shit and stand up against it. So I'm here to stand up to cancer and I hope you do the same".

For a moment there's silence but only for a heart beat because Blaie raises from his seat with a supprting smile and annouces "I stand up to cancer for the love of my life".

Burt joins him "I stand up for my late wife and my son who never stopped fighting".

More and more people join, raising from their seats, standing up to cancer for family members or friends.

Soon everyone was standing and talking to people they never met before about memories they have about their loved ones that passed away or still fight.

With a smile Kurt leaves the stage again, letting the people get to know each other and share their memories and thoughts. He goes to the people he loves, hugging them all, thanking them for coming and stopping at last at his husband.

Kurt throws himself in his husbands arms, whispering in the hug "Thank you for everything. I love you" with tears of overwhelming joy and peace rolling down his cheeks. "I love you too baby" Blaine mumbles in the hug, calling his husband the same pet name he does since they got together and holding the love of his life as close as possible.

The end.