CHAPTER 1

I live in a society that you may know of.

You see many years ago a group of superheroes came together to protect our world as we know it.

The Avengers. The X-Men. The Guardians of The Galaxy. The Fantastic Four.

All heroes who got their powers from robots, gods, strange machines used in the 1950s or wizards.

After the defeat of Galactus sudden changes happened to Earth. A revolutionary moment for some. The rise of the mutants or as Asia likes to say Quirks. 80% of the humans had this breath-taking power coming in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I however was not fortunate.

"Flash whatcha doing, want to go and play"

"Oh Peter, look how sick my new power is"

This is Flash Thompson my best friend. Well back then it was difficult.

"See isn't it amazing. I know it looks like some strange black goo the Doc called it some symbiote but Nah I want to call it venom. but I will have full control when we become heroes, now what is your mutant power."

"Ed, I-I don-" Peter stutered with great guilt eating him alive bit by bit dreading for this moment to come.

"Come on don't keep me waiting, I bet it is something awesome" 

That was of course the last moment I saw the face of enjoyment on Flash

"I don't have a quirk Ed,"

"What no I-I. I CAN'T believe you. YOU IDIOT. YOU BASTARD."

"Wait Ed, I thought we could still be friends, we could still be heroes if I train enough, I am sure we could still be heroes"

"Pffft you me, friends. NO, now leave me alone you freak."

Since that day Flash Thompson started saying horrible things to me. And so has so many other people. To be honest, I try, I still want to make Uncle Ben and Aunt May happy and reassured.