Chapter 13- Company

Thea sat on the tiny bed, next to Felicity. It seemed like forever and the sun was just going down. Thea remembered she had her phone. She scrambled, standing up, grabbing her phone from her back pocket. Felicity's face lite up with hope. "Ohmigod, Thea your a lifesaver."

Thea sighed. "Theres no service."

Felicity's face dropped.

Thea opened the camera on her phone and started to video tape.

"What are you doing?" Felicity's voice was laced with curiosity.

"Video taping for proof."

Felicity stayed silent as Thea stood in the middle of the room and slowly turned in a circle, trying to capture every detail.

Thea jumped when she heard a clatter of foot steps, and ran over to the bed, hiding her phone and clinging to Felicity's arm. Felicity quickly scrambled to grab the piece of glass that she had hid under the pillow, and burried her hand behind the pillow trying to hide it. Thea gave her a puzzled look. The door burst open and Felicity's dad had a hand behind his back, probably holding something he would use to hurt her. He came over and placed a firm grip on Thea's arm. Felicity stood up, standing her ground and trying to protect Thea, and held the piece of glass firmly in her right hand, ready to defend.

Felicity's father glanced her way, looking back to Thea quickly, but then back to Felicity realizing she was holding glass in her hand. She angled it towards her father.

He just laughed. "And what are you going to do with that?"

"Defend myself," Felicity smiled trying to look like she hadn't been phased by his actions. But then his hand that was behind his back, traveled around to the front of his body. In his hand, he held a knife. Felicity's face dropped. He put the knife up to Thea's neck, grabbing the back of her head and pulling her head downwards by her hair. "And how about this? Drop the glass and I wont have to cut her."

Felicity immediately dropped the piece of glass. It clattered on the hard floor, smashing into a few smaller pieces.

Thea's face heated up and her eyes started to sting. She couldn't hold in the tears any longer. She let out a gasp and a bunch of tears fell from her eyes as he grabbed Felicity's ponytail, and threw her back onto the unsteady bed. He moved his grip to her arm, and her gaze slowly followed. He held the knife up to the part between her wrist and elbow, and slowly dug the knife into her skin. Felicity scrunched her face and took a huge breath inward. Thea let out a tear of empathy for Felicity.

"Who is Oliver Queen to you." Her fathers voice lingered with curiosity and depth. His eyes were laced with anger. His breath wreaked of alcohol, even Thea could smell it.

Felicity stayed quiet and he dug the knife in her skin again and again, each cut getting deeper as she refused to answer. Her cries gave Thea goosebumps.

He threw the knife on the bed and ran out of the room to grab his little camera and send a message to Oliver. Felicity cringed in pain. Thea waited 10 seconds until he left the room, and tried to open the door. He forgot to lock it.

"Felicity," Thea whispered loud enough for Felicity to hear, but not loud enough for her father to. Felicity jumped off the bed, forgetting about her aching bruises and cuts.
Felicity lead the way, protecting Thea from his reach if he were to come around a corner. They reached the end of the hallway, when they finally spotted Felicity's father. He was busy digging into a drawer in the kitchen. He grabbed a pack of batteries, vigorously trying to open them.

"Okay, get in front of me." Felicity pointed to the front door of his cruel home. "Go over there, quick but quiet."

Thea quickly ran through his house, Felicity only a few steps behind, losing some time because of her aching legs. When they reached the door, Felicity looked back to check on her dad, as Thea quietly opened his apartment door.