Chapter 7

Marina’s POV

Bright sunlight streaming in through the windows lifts me from my sleep. I sit up, much to my own dismay. My head is fucking pounding. Throwing my head back onto the pillow, I try to recollect the events of last night.

That’s when I noticed the smell wafting through the doorway. My stomach grumbled as if it didn’t feel like a heavy rock. Forcing myself up, I walked out of the bedroom in only a loose t-shirt and underwear.

Lana’s standing in the kitchen, and she’s humming an awfully familiar tune.

Would you do anything for me? Buy a big diamond ring for me?

She turns to put something in the sink and that’s when she notices me standing there. “Morning, babe. You want some pancakes?” she asks with a small smile on her face. I nod without saying a word and sit at the counter.

I start admiring the simple things about Lana, like how silky her voice is when she talks. The bright sparkle in her eyes. The way a grin spreads across her face when she’s talking to me. The way her hips sway as she’s humming along to music. I never wanted to let this moment go. I could look at her forever and I would be happy.

“Hey, M. You’re not wearing any pants, and the way you’re looking at me is getting kinda distracting.” Lana says with a devious smirk on her face. I can feel my cheeks start to heat up while her beautiful eyes are locked directly with my own.

“Marina, you’re so beautiful.” she continues while she steps closer to me, sliding over the plate of breakfast she prepared. Eyeing her curiously as she steps closer, I can feel the nervousness pitting itself in my stomach.

Her hands rest on my waist, fingertips lightly tracing my sides. She kisses my forehead, then my nose, then my lips. It’s almost like I’m a teenage girl again, getting excited over her kisses. She plants a few more kisses along my jawline, moving down to my neck. She sucks on the pale skin, I can feel it start to bruise.

“Lana,” I half hum, half moan. I can’t let her fuck me on the kitchen counter (even though I desperately want her to). “Yes, babe?” She gets back on eye-level with me, grinning like an adorable idiot.

“Not right now.” I sigh. There’s a slight look of disappointment but she nods at me. “That’s alright. I already got enough last night.” She quips and I can feel my face turning red.

“By the way, you’re even more beautiful with my marks on your neck. It’s not like you weren’t beautiful already, but that look definitely suits you.” The sexuality is coming off of her voice in waves. It’s almost hypnotizing, the way she talks.

“But I’m gonna need you to wake up.”

“What?”

“Marina, darling, I’m gonna need you to wake up…”

The sobering realization that this isn’t reality anymore hits me. I can feel the room around me starting to materialize into something completely different. Lana’s gone, everything’s white.

“Wake up, Marina...please.”

Where am I?

Beep….beep...beep…

Is that a heart monitor?

I force my eyes open even though they feel as if they were cemented shut. All the strength that was in my body just a few moments ago is gone. I don’t have the willpower to even move.

The ceiling is white, the bright lights above me keep fading in and out. I can’t keep focus on them. I can barely force a word out of my throat, a name.

“Lana..” I croak.

I can hear the shifting of another person in the room as I said her name.

"La-na." I manage to say again,  the weakness in my own voice is confusing, I've never sounded like this before. "M? Marina, darling, are you awake?" She scrambles to get up and get over to me. As I see her face, my heart feels like it's been pierced. Her once bright green eyes are dull and empty, bags have made their way under them.

"Yes...I'm awake. For now.." I manage, my voice breaking on the last word.

She hands me a glass of ice water, tipping it up to my lips and let me sip some.

"How long have I been out?" My voice sounds a little bit better.

"3 and a half weeks. They said if you would've been out very much longer, they weren't sure if you'd ever wake up." She pauses, wiping a tear from her face. "I've missed you so much, I haven't left the hospital since the crash. I haven't left your side. I wasn't gonna give up on you..."

She's silent for another moment and she opens her mouth to speak but I interrupt her.

"I love you so much, Elizabeth. Words can't even describe. I'm sorry for being so careless and getting into a wreck. I wish I could have comforted you when you cried. I wish I could have told you that I would be okay."

Tears are freely falling down her cheeks now as she grabs my hand, her thumb absentmindedly tracing over my skin as if she had never held a hand before in her life.

"I love you too, Marina. Please don't ever leave me again. Please. You're the one person on this earth binding me to happiness."

I feel a tear slip out of my own eye as I tugged at her hand, gesturing for her to come lay by my side.

She lays next to me, planting a kiss on my cheek. I buried my face in her neck, taking her sweet vanilla scent in. Her arm goes around me, pulling me into a tight embrace.

I felt myself slipping back into unconsciousness, feeling the safety of her presence comforts me immensely. The steady beat of her heart lulls me back into sleep.

"I'll be right here when you wake up, I promise."

I sigh comfortably as I'm pulled back into the darkness.

She's here.

I'm alive.

She's okay.

----

Author's note: I apologize for the long wait. Here is the seventh chapter. There will be one more part, but I want to wrap this story up and start a new one. I hope you enjoy this feels-packed chapter. Don't forget to give me feedback! :)