38.) The Madrigal Twins

Okay so this is not from any story but a kid where I worked heard I had a "book" on here and although he doesn't read or follow me, thank god (my language on here is not child friendly) he really wanted me to upload the OCs that he asked me to draw.

I think he zeroed in on the word "book" and though it was an actual book but who am I to say no 😅

This can also be viewed much clearer on my Tumblr account!

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓵

🎶 The twins of Bruno

Lydia and Oscar

both blessed with powers but neither ones the same. 🎶

🎶(Lydia)

Snow and water that flows so light

(Lydia)

she's a flurry of pure delight🎶

🎶(Oscar! Oscar! Oscar! Oscar!)

and Oscar's flames burn on

the fireworks they burst all night long! 🎶

𝓦𝓮 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓣𝓪𝓵𝓴 𝓐𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓑𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓸

🎶Papa was the best and no one could do it better.

Always wrote us plays and then he made us the main actors.

Never was kind to ev-er bring us down🎶

🎶(down down down)🎶

🎶Struggled with his gift whenever everybody cursed him.

But he always used it when to help every person

Loved this family so much he'd al-ways put them first.

even though it hurt🎶

🎶They won't talk about Bruno no no no, we can talk about Bruno!🎶

This one doesn't work as well 🤷‍♀️

𝓐𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓨𝓸𝓾

🎶Bruno's back, now we're back on track no more fire and ice at our sides🎶

🎶(Guess that's fine)🎶

🎶We may have lost our gift but we got out Pa back!

Now we can perform we've got out acting star back🎶

🎶Come on let's hit that stage and show them how.

The Bru-no twins wow🎶

🎶Let's go!🎶

So a little bit of backstory on this piece. I work part-time at a school drawing with the kids and sometimes I bring my tablet in so they can learn a new skill, They love it and are always asking me to draw their favourite shows, anime and films!

Last week one of my regular kids saw me drawing an OC from a book I was reading and asked if I could make one from them and because Encanto is (unsurprisingly) the talk of the playground they asked for Encanto OCs.

Seeing as how I've wanted to draw for the Encanto door trend I though i'd kill two birds with one stone and make this a lil' passion project!

Originally they asked for a daughter of Julieta with a water based gift and a son of Pepa with a fire based gift but when I suggested that they be twins of Bruno instead they loved the idea and the rest is history!

I LOVE the Papa Bruno AU and any form of papa Bruno so much!

here are a few head canons for the twins

- No matter how hard Camilo tries the twins will ALWAYS be able to tell if he's shapeshifted into one of them.

- They used to make sandcastles out of the sand in Bruno's room

- They were the shortest out of Mirabel and Camilo when they were younger but had a massive growth spurt and are now taller than both of them (they are also an inch taller than Bruno)

- Lydia runs a cholado and raspado stall and in the colder months Oscar runs a hot beverage stall they help out together and their powers help keep the product and the right temperature for longer (Julieta supplies them with some pre-made supplies so they also have healing powers)

- They have a door inside their rooms that connects them together

- The interior of Lydia's room is a giant hot spring oasis and looks like an underwater glass tunnel with wildlife swimming around (Before Antonio got his room he used to love to sleep over all the time, Oscar and Miracle were invited ofc)

- The interior of Oscars room is like a giant log cabin in the woods with a big bonfire outside (he and Lydia would stay up late and grill mazorca together)

- Their powers aren't inherently green, they can make it almost any colour, but they prefer it to be green like their papa

- When they were young Bruno would write plays for them to perform in (hint hint the song lyric)

- Bruno used to call them his Ratonio and Ratita when they were babies

- Oscar is almost always burning himself, his flames don't hurt him but his clothes always have scorch marks on them (also the cold never bothered Lydia anyway)

- Sometimes Lydia will take over and water the crops so Pepa doesn't have to be sad to do so

- They have unique nicknames fore each other, they call each other Oz and Didi (de-de)

- They are almost always the main attraction for festivals, Oscar with his fireworks and Lydia with her ice skating and snowball fights

- They are a month or so younger than Mirabel so Bruno had left by the time they got their gifts, at first they felt very bitter and resentful towards him but since then their anger turned to sadness and now they just miss him and want him to come home

- Although they don't know the real reason behind their papa's disappearance you know damn well that they'll defend him and Mirabel to the death

- Because of Mirabel failed gift ceremony and the grief at the loss of Bruno, there was no ceremony held for them so at midnight the twins snuck out and opened their doors together (at the first the family had thought they'd run away until they saw two new doors)

- The twins do feel quite lonely and at times feel jealous towards their cousins when they see them with their parents

- The first thing they're gonna do when they see their papa is hug the hell out of him!