~Prologue~

" Are sure you gonna leave for Bermuda?" I ask.

My five year old self couldn't tolerate separation from my best friend. We had a difference of three years . My puppy dog eyes couldn't stop him from leaving. His father was an industrialist who wanted to spread its branches to Bermuda . So he was shifting with his entire family which meant even Archie had to leave London.
"Yes, you know Dad won't change his mind"
" You promise you won't forget me and will come back to see me"
" I promise and promise me that you will score good marks be a good girl not remember me" he continues " and if in future you become more beautiful and I can't recognise you so for that keep this" he places a cold metal object on my outstretched hand.
I slowly see the object, it was a small silver paper plane earring.
" I promise to keep it safe and I will never lose it, I -" I was cut off by the honking of the car

I turn back to see Archie's black car, and the driver was calling Archie. Archie turns back to see me and clasps my hand in his.
" Listen and listen good, keep the earring safe. I promise to see you in the future and I love you, Julianne" with that he kisses me and in a second or two pulls away.
That was my first kiss.
I don't clearly remember what happened next, I could see his retreating running figure, he sits in the car and looks at me from the tainted windows.
" I love you too" I yell making him smile, I wave my hand bidding him goodbye. He returns the gesture. Tears were running down my face but I didn't leave the place till the car was out of sight completely.

I walk back home with my head hung low and my shoulders sagged. I open my palm and close it tightly. I will not forget you Archie and I will keep my promise.
I will miss you , Archie.
I will be good girl.
I will be a good student and I will always remember you, best friend.