Chapter 2

The bell rang and I headed to my biology class. 

I dreaded this class knowing that the teacher was the same as last year. Almost like my arch enemy, Mr. Dick Hollyman, lived up to his name. He hated me ,and I think you can guess why. I have a huge mouth, so naturally when I first heard his name I asked the most horrible question to ever be thought of: "Did your parents really hate you that much?"

 Obviously after that I got a detention but the whole thing didn't stop there. Most of the detentions I've ever got are probably because of him. 

Ass.

As I walked, Layla caught up with me and looped her arm through mine. She loved acting like she needed to protect me from the demon (Mr. Dick) as her duty as a shadow hunter. Obviously she was a hardcore fan girl of the mortal instruments fandom. Funnily enough, she also had a phase where she kept painting on herself and said they were runes. Not to be unfair, I have to admit I was almost that bad about Percy Jackson, maybe even worse.

We reached class and Mr. Dick's black eyes followed us to our seats.

 Creep.

 We headed to the farthest corner of the class hoping not to draw his attention during class but knowing it was in vain. 

"Good morning Ms. Anne shepherd " Does he really need to say my full name?

" Good morning Mr. Dick Hollyman" I say with a smirk and slightly emphasing on Dick

With a curt nod " Please have a seat " 

Is he actually proud of his name? Weirdo

This class was a complete blur. Everything he said entered my one ear and exited the other. I don't remember anything except the part he scolded Layla for chewing gum.

I soon realised we were heading for lunch. 

" Layla" Layla looks at me " I really ned to tell you something"

"Yeah say " She replies with her mouth full of hamburger

" You remember when you shifted in this town?" 

" Of course. I also remember you wearing a yellow sundress an two pigtails, swinging on a swing alone. Loner'' She says whilst smiling 

" I was a loner. Agreed. But before you came I wasn't one exactly. " I suddenly gain her complete attention.

" What do you mean?" We look at each other and smile

" When you nod your head yes and you wanna say no. What do you mean?" We sing loudly 

Damn those Justin Bieber vibes

" Yeah anyway, before I met you, I had a friend, Archie. He was eight and I was five. I never knew his full name though." I give a sad smile " His father was an industrialist and he wanted to spread the branches of his company to Bermuda. While leaving, he gave me a silver plane." I pull my hair to the side and show her the piercing " He was my first kiss."

" Oh.My.God. You guys have the cutest love story ever. By the way why are you saying this?"

" Because Mr.Archibald Richards is exactly like my  Archie. They have the same name. The same past and the same goddamn silver plane. Its too much for a coincidence."

" I will go to the teachers' lounge right now and ask him. Don't worry."

" The last time you said 'don't worry' we were chased by mall cops." I say 

" Good ol days" Sh says and walks away

What will I do with this girl?

*    *    *    *   *

Its been a very long time since Layla went. And by 'very long time' I mean that school is over and I am at my place eating dinner.

Suddenly my phone rings. I see the name

Layla 

I  quickly pick up the phone and without a hi or hey I say " Start talking"

" He is not your Archie"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *