Entry #7

𝙻𝚊𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢

𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚘'𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙲𝙰

Melanie is your daughter.

I woke up shaking my head all I could hear was Emerald saying that phrase over and over again. But it had to be a dream, because ain't no way I slipped up like that.

I felt movement in the bed and figuring it was Asia I turned, only to see a baby.

"Fuuuuuhckkk, so I wasn't dreaming?" I spoke to myself while watching Melanie twist and turn in her sleep. I dragged my hands down my face before getting up to brush my teeth and wash my face.

Watching Melanie squirm around in the bed through the mirror gave me so many mixed emotions.

Her complexion was a light brown color, matching Emmys sister Ruby. Her hair was a silkier texture which mimicked mine, when I moisturize it at least, but that could just be the placenta perm right?

No, no. She was like 5 or 6 months now, that phase is gone, this was her true texture. She had Emmy's cute nose but everything else was... me.

The door opened and I turned to see Emmy, walking in with a bag of Chick-fil-A. She smiled shyly almost as if she was embarrassed.

"Hey, sorry I hope it's okay I laid her down in here. Zo and I went to grab us all breakfast, and I didn't wanna wake you, or Mel, you know cause it wo—."

I laughed at her nervous rambling. "It's okay Emmy."

She chewed on the side of her cheek, obviously thinking, while walking to the end of my bed and sitting down.

"Are you okay?" She asked with one eyebrow raised. "Last night you passed out, after you know.." Her eyes trailed down to Melanie and back up to me. "You learned the news."

"I passed out? Damn that's embarrassing." I chuckled and watched as a smile crept on her beautiful face. The sun from the window was shining on her skin, making it glow a golden brown color.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked making my way back to the bed.

She nodded her head slowly.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

She pulled her lips into her mouth, while going through the bag, handing me my food before grabbing hers. "I didn't know how you'd react."

"After our one night stand, you..." she sighed trying to find her words. "It's like you forgot about me, or maybe you were ignoring me, I don't know. So I figured if you didn't bother to hit me up after that, why would you wanna be bothered about having a child?"

"And when I finally was going to tell you I was pregnant, at your dads block party. You were with miss thing.. and y'all looked so happy, and in love.. I couldn't ruin that by bringing up a kid in the picture. And before I knew it, I had her." She laughed and a tear fell from her eyes but she quickly wiped it away.
I couldn't tell if she was crying because of feeling like I wasn't there for her, or because I was with someone else.

The reason why I never hit her back was because I got back with Asia. During the time I saw Emerald, Asia and I were going through a toxic ass break up and make up cycle. Emerald caught me when we're in the break up phase and I just wanted to be with someone else to take my mind off of her. But I could never tell her that, that shit would break her heart.