[9] The Past

*All of you have missed the "husband" word in the begining of part 7 and so you are shocked seeing "my marriage" , Lol :)

Grab some tissues if you are an emotional person:)

.

Susheela's pov,

Four years back!

"I was living a happy life with my Mummy, Papaji and Garima my twin sister. Everything was going very smooth.

But one day i met Kartik. He was appointed as the new teacher in a school nearby our college. We used to see each other regularly and eventually i fell in love with him."  I took a deep breath closing my eyes.

Pramod who was holding me in his arms sat straight placing me beside him. I stared at him for a moment while he asked softly "You okay?"

I nodded in no.

Clearing his throat he said again " if you don't to share then-

"no Pramod... today i want tell you everything.   I want my heart to feel light. To get some relief from this burden which is disturbing me from a long time" i said and he cupped my cheek.

"So then what happened?" He asked softly

"One day i told Papaji about us. I said that... that we want to get married. My parents were happy at this decision cuz i always used to ignore such talks about getting settled, going to an another house but Kartik changed me all. I was dreaming of a happy life with him." I said and few tears roll down my cheeks.

"A month later finally we got married.
27 October 2018 , the night which changed my life." I paused for a moment. That night was coming infront of my eyes.

"When we enter his house i doubt something fishy about him. Neither his parents came to our wedding nor any other family member. He told us that they didn't got leave from their jobs. And his house was dark, away from all.

I changed myself into comfortable clothes and was going to sleep when-

he.. he came over me suddenly. He was drunk . He tried to kiss me. To force me to consummate our marriage. I was begging him shouting to stop but he didn't. I pushed him with all my force and he fell down.

I was so broken. Didn't knew what to do and what do not. I was about to call Garima when some other men knocked the door.

They .. had come to...   i never thought that the man whom i had loved so much can think like this. I was looking all around to escape while the knocking on the door was increasing. I got tensed.

Kartik was trying to get up slowly. He was fully drunk. When i tried to move towards window he held my hand to stop and i, suddenly, don't know how i took a vase and broke it on his head.

It fell unconscious, also some blood was coming from his head.  Hearing that voice his friends tried to break the door. I was shivering thinking about my deed but first i had save myself.

I suddenly remembered that i saw a window without railing in the bathroom. I quickly rush there and ran away leaving him unconscious."  Saying about the dark night i broke into tears.

"Ssh " Pramod said hugging me tightly.

I kept crying for a long time and he was holding me protectively in his arms.  Finally I  cried my heart out after keep this inside me all these years. It was killing me but now i was feeling little relief. My tears stopped after sometime but the heart was still heavy.

He placed a kiss on my forehead and tightened  the hug. We both were sitting quietly for some time and then i continued.

"I was running on the road thinking where to hide myself when i got hit by a car. The next morning i found myself in the hospital. My friend who was studying medicine was standing beside me.

I told her everything and she too forwarded a helping hand. She took me to her house as she lived alone. The next day went like this and she motivated me to talk about this to my parents. But later that night she got a call.

The police had called her along with all my other friends for investigation. They said i tried to kill Kartik and then ran away with all his money. They blame me for everything.

I was about to go to police she stopped me. Kartik along with his friends were powerful. And didn't even had any proof against him. So she asked to leave the place for some time and i did. I came here.

After a week when i went back i got to know that my family left the place for good. After hearing the news everyone started taunting them, insulting and questioning our character and eventually thinking about my sister they left.

I never met them again . I still don't know where they are.

I was angry on all and more on myself for trusting someone so blindly. And so i decided to do this for which everyone was already blaming me.

I started trapping rich men. And left them after taking their money. Everything was going well again. I started living a new life. A life of a criminal but i never regret.... until i met you. " I said letting out a deep breathe while he was staring at me.

"Sushi" he made me face him.

Kissing my cheek softly he said " i never judged you nor i ever will"  Hearing this i smiled a little and hid my face in the crook of his neck.

"Sushi"

"hmm"

"I killed my father!"

-----×-----

Thats for today. Tell me your views.

Susheela! She suffered a lot and that what made her so cold hearted.

So the past got reveal.... no wait,
Pramod's story is yet to be told.

See you someday:)