Lies

"I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?" Alyssa asked Sam as she is on her knees.

Sam almost cried, seeing the person she loves so much give her that look of love she so ever dreamed of happening.

She helped Alyssa stand and they hugged each other, feeling each other's love.

Sam cannot stop it anymore as she started crying so hard.

"Sammy." Alyssa calls her, moving away from the hug.

"what's wrong?" the girl asks her.

In her mind, it's the most beautiful feeling. To receive back the same energy and love you gave to someone.

But somehow, it feels different.

"Sammy?" Alyssa calls her.

She fell for Alyssa the very first time they met. It was not the same for Alyssa though.

The girl did not even notice her.

They met 2 years ago, at the orientation of their school. Sam was sitting on her chosen seat, not doing anything and not even interested at whatever is the speaker is saying.

Snack time came and some of the students will give them their food and Alyssa happened to be the person who gave hers.

Just like that, she fell.

Alyssa noticed her a year later.

The same setting. The same thing happened except that at that time, Alyssa smiled at her and asked what her name was.

Things changed a lot since then.

They are always together. They eat lunch together, study together, spend time together.

And now, Alyssa asked her the question.

But it feels off. It feels like all of those things they did together were not true. It felt like everything were lies.

"sorry, I got too emotional." she answered as she recovered.

"do you think Lex will say yes?" Alyssa asked her.

"yep." she answered with a smile as she wiped her tears.

*Messaged received*

Sam? I'm already here.

"she's here, do this right!" she told Alyssa after she read the message she just got.

"thanks Sammy, you're the best friend ever, I love you." Alyssa told her and she smiled.

That's not a lie. But I want it to be a lie. I don't wanna be just your friend Ly.

She thinks as she walks away. She saw how Alexa slowly entered the scene. She saw how Alyssa smiled. It's glowing.

Flashbacks of everything that happened came to her.

Alyssa talked to her first because of her friend, Alexa.

They were not only studying as two but with Alexa with them.

All of the things they did together, Alexa was there.

Alexa was the one Alyssa paid attention to.

For once she wanted to feel what it felt like receiving Alyssa's love, for once she wanted to experience it. So she happily offered to help Alyssa practice what she wants to tell Alexa.

And her breaking down meant everything's over.

If she just confessed her feelings, will things change?

She will never know now.

The I love you Alyssa said the first time felt like lies since that I love you isn't really meant for her.

And she knows that since day one.

+++++

NOTE: did it hurt?

God bless :)