Chapter Six: Dine Together

I wonder if they'll ever reboot BBC Merlin?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin woke to the soft chirps of birds near the window; the sun crept through the cracked window and the light blinded him awake. He let out a soft groan and moved to roll to his side but found himself stuck. He rubbed at his bleary eyes and looked down to see a strong arm wrapped around his waist. Soon his vision came to focus and realized who's bed he was in and more importantly who's arm was wrapped around him. His heart dropped to his stomach and he looked back to see Arthur sleeping soundly against him.

He could hear his heart pounding in his ears and his face grow warm with a dark blush. Arthur's grip tightened and pulled him closer so that his back was against Arthur's chest. He let out a soft squeak but wasn't sure how he was going to get out of Arthur's hold without waking him. Arthur let out a soft groan and nuzzled Merlin's neck. Merlin practically melted but tried his best to remain composed. Arthur's fingers grazed his lower stomach as his hand moved past Merlin's waist and Merlin bit his lip. He couldn't stay in the bed much longer without driving himself insane.

"Arthur." Merlin whispered and nudged Arthur.

"Mmmm." Arthur mumbled but his eyes remained closed.

"Arthur?" Merlin tried again.

"Yes, m'love." He slurred his eyes still shut and his breathing still heavy.

Merlin felt his face and chest burn hotter at Arthur's words. He looked back to see the prince still asleep looking just as comfortable as before. He wasn't sure how to take Arthur calling him his love; it could have just been mindless rambling from sleep or Arthur knew it was him and still called him love. Merlin shook his head it had to be because Arthur was asleep. He sighed and nudged the prince again.

"A couple more minutes." Arthur mumbled in his ear and Merlin felt goosebumps spread across his neck.

Merlin felt Arthur's grip on him tighten around his waist and he pulled Merlin close once again. He could feel the fall and rise of Arthur's chest and felt his own grow warm. He tried to twist out of Arthur's grip but couldn't so he moved to face Arthur in hopes it would loosen his grip but it didn't. Instead he felt his breath catch in his throat as he realized how close he was to Arthur. Their lips were inches apart and he could feel Arthur's breath tickle his lips. Arthur pulled him in closer and suddenly his face was resting on Arthur's chest and he was breathing in the other man. Arthur smelled woodsy and it practically made Merlin dizzy in the best way possible. He wasn't use to this much intimacy between the two of them and it made him practically want to faint.

"Arthur." He whispered loudly.

Arthur grumbled, "two minutes."

Finally Merlin bit down on Arthur's chest with enough force to wake the Prince but not enough force to hurt him. Arthur jumped at the sudden pressure Merlin sat up once free from Arthur's hold. Arthur looked over at Merlin to complain when he realized they were only inches apart. Merlin felt his heart fall to his stomach and a lump form in his throat; Arthur had a special way of making Merlin ridiculously nervous. Arthur's eyes flickered to Merlin's lips and then back up to Merlin's eyes. He couldn't tell what Merlin was thinking but he knew exactly what he wanted.

"I'm sorry-" Merlin started.

"For chewing on me or waking me?" Arthur teased.

Merlin's face burned with a bright blush, "for biting you."

"What we're you thinking?" Arthur looked down at his chest and rubbed at the sore spot.

"Nothing else was working." Merlin grinned and Arthur rolled his eyes.