soulmate.

Nothing prepared me more for first time i ever fell in love.

The second those shitty white skates that i got gifted for my 7th birthday first ever touched that ice rink back home, i knew it was love at first sight... or skate. For years, i sought out comfort in The early mornings just to feel the frozen air cut my lungs as i practiced my tedious routine over and over again. The tears, cut and bruises were all worth it as i bowed in front of the forever shrinking crowd. The overwhelming feeling surging over my senses as i glided over the ice, only a thin blade holding me up from a painful fall. 'A Natural' i would hear my peers praise me as i scuffed the bottom of my shoes, thinking i couldn't hear and as if i didn't already know. Constant praise and affection from those around me was enough to fuel my passion, changing and shaping the way the words 'figure skating' fit into my future. it was my future.

leaving town wasn't too hard only but Ma and the old rink preached for me to stay. Ma would never say it but i could see it, in her deary grey eyes she hoped and wished i could stay forever and never leave her side, unlike my unfaithful father and grown up brother, but it was now my turn to leave the nest. And the old ice rink down town was my sanctuary, my place where i felt most like myself. The dirty old yellow walls and the grit of the ice was familiar and the worn down wooden bleachers, watching and creaking in my favor as i finished my each routine for the past 12 years but being excepted Trost collage, with a scholarship for my skating was something that i could never turn down.

ice skating in a way was my soulmate, well that was i thought before i saw him for the first time, my...

'soulmate'.