Say something

What you're wearing

JUGHEADS POV

Silence filled the trailer. The only noise coming from the ticking clock that sat on the far wall and the heavy pitter-patter of rain.

She looked so small. Sitting on the couch beside me, a large, warm blanket wrapped around her shaking body. She still hadn't said a word. The second I opened the door I noticed the tears falling from her eyes. I quickly pulled her into the warm trailer and ran to get her a blanket and a change of clothes, but she opted out on the clothes, just quickly wrapping the warm fabric of the comforter around her body and slowly sitting on the sofa.

I was....afraid. This is the closest we've been sense everything happened. Veronica told me she'd be at her party tonight, so the thought made my confusion grow.

"Y/n?" I questioned, my voice soft to not startle her. She didn't looked towards me, her gaze still glued to the carpeted floor. "Y/n, what happened?"

She sniffed, the tears that continued to fall down her pink and irritated cheeks didn't go unnoticed.

"Y/n, please say something." I begged, scooting closer to her on the couch. She finally looked towards me, her eyes meeting mine. She looked torn, the glimmer in her beautiful eyes wasn't there like it should be. Like it's always been.

"I....." she began but her sobs cut her off. She dug her head in her hands, crying into them. I ignored my instincts and wrapped my arm around her, rubbing her back in comfort and pretending like the past week and a half hadn't happened.

"You what, love?" I questioned, needing to know what was breaking her so much. Deep down I knew. There's only two possible options. One being Archie.

She slowly pulled her head from her hands, wiping her tears with the back of her small hands like a sleepy child.

"I...I'm just so stupid. I pushed you away. I didn't listen even though my heart told me you wouldn't hurt me like that. You wouldn't purposely put me through something like that." She babbled. I continued to rub her back as I listened intently. This isn't her. This isn't y/n. She's always been this strong, Independent person who didn't let anyone see her crack.

"I mean, really? How did I not see it. How did I let him get in. get in and completely destroy me even when my gut told me to stop. To run. To get out while I still could before he reached in, ripped out my heart and stomped on."

And that was it. That told me exactly what she was talking about. What all her tears and screams were about. Now, if she was anybody else, I'd kick her out and tell her she lost her chance for my comfort. But I can't. Not to her.

"Juggie." She whimpered, gaining my attention once again. "He took it. He took it, and didn't care. He knew what he was doing and he still took it."

"Took what?" I asked, confused once again. She looked me in the eyes, tears going back to her own once again. She shook her head as a dry laugh fell from her lips.

"My virginity."

Everything stopped. The grip I had on my knee tightened and I could almost feel myself begin to bruise. He took it? He-he.....what!!!

"I...I don't know what to say." I gulped, looking towards the floor and breaking our eye contact. She laughed once again, but this almost had a hint of humour.

"Say I'm a idiot. Say I'm awful person for not believing you. Kick me out and say you told me so and that I can't come running to you with my stupid problems anymore." She insisted, taking my face In her hands. I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt her use her thumbs to wipe under my eyes.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because....because I hurt when you hurt." I sobbed, putting my hands on her shoulders. "I should've protected you better. I shouldn't have let you kick me out that day. I should've pushed my feelings of sadness out of the way and stood my ground until you believed me."

"Don't do that." She demanded, still crying.

"Do what?"

"Don't blame yourself. Don't blame yourself because I'm the idiot who let him in, I'm the idiot who let him love me and take the most precious thing I had. And I'm not talking about my virginity, I'm taking about you." She cried. "I'm taking about the fact that he let me push you away and didn't stop to tell me the truth."

"Come on." I said, standing from the couch, grabbing her hand. She looked confused but stood anyway. I pulled her into the kitchen and pulled out a few things.

"Go have a warm shower, I'll make some food, then we'll get you some sleep okay? I can't promise everything will be better tomorrow and I can't promise it'll hurt any less. But I can promise that I'll hold you in my arms until it stops hurting. I promise to listen to you rant. I promise to be your punching bag to take you anger out on. And most importantly I promise to never hurt you the way he did."

A loud sob fell from her mouth at my words as she fell into my arms, hugging my middle. I wrapped my own arms around her, never wanting to let go again.

~~~~

YOUR POV

The water felt wonderful against my cold skin, warming my freezing body. I almost felt numb. Like if I took a single step I'd it the floor, every muscle in my body giving up and melting away.

I couldn't shake the feeling that what I was doing was wrong. That me coming here, practically begging for the forgiveness from jug that I didn't deserve. I'm so stupid. I'm so confused.

He said he loved me. Said he wanted a family with me, get married and have a big, beautiful house with a white picket fence. The perfect American dream. And all with me.

Was there something I didn't have? Something I didn't give him.

I shook my head and stepped out of the shower, changing into a Pair of juggies sweats. The over sized clothes engulfed my body in his scent and a type of warmth you couldn't get from anything else.

The wonderful smell of pasta filled my nose as I left the small bathroom. I saw Jughead setting a plate on the table before gesturing me towards it. I sat down, waiting for him to do the same before beginning.

He sat down, his own plate in front of him as we began to eat in a comfortable silence. The meal was wonderful. Cooking was always a secret talent of jugheads.

Once done, he dragged me into the back bedroom, laying me on the bed. He covered me in the warm blanket, tucking me in as if I was a child.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked as I noticed him make his was for the door.

"I'm gonna clean up. I'll be back in a few minutes but please, get some sleep." He insisted, leaving the room. But I couldn't, knowing he was out there and not beside me made in almost impossible to fall asleep.

I didn't know how much time had passed but when he walked into the room, I still wasn't asleep. I heard shuffling and assumed he was taking his shirt off before getting in the bed.

We both lay there, not uttering a single word before I spoke.

"Juggie?"

"Yes, my love?" He asked, his voice raspy with tiredness.

"Will you hold me?"

"Ye-yeah." He stuttered, hesitating as he wrapped him arm around my waist, spooning me.

He was warm and smelt good. I didn't know I was that tired but before I knew it I was asleep.

HELLO MY LOVES. WELCOM BACK.