Veronica

What you're wearing

The morning sun woke me, shining brightly from the small window in the bedroom of the trailer

The morning sun woke me, shining brightly from the small window in the bedroom of the trailer. I shuffled, turning over on my other side and completely opened my eyes. Juggie was still laying there, messy hair, mouth opened slightly, and slow snores falling from his mouth.

I took in a deep breath and stepped out of the bed, carful not to wake him. I tip-toed my way to the bathroom and did my Business. I stopped to look the mirror for a moment.

My eyes were red and puffy and my cheeks swollen slightly. I wasn't gonna let myself cry anymore. That's not who I am, that's someone I've never been.

I sighed, and brought my hand down to the doorknob ready to leave the bathroom but the door swung open, revealing a tired looking Jughead.

"Oh, sorry. Thought you were in the living room." He smiled, voice husky and rough with sleep. I smiled, shaking my head.

"It's okay, no need to apologize."

"Someone looks happy today. How you feeling?" He asked, his eyes dropping slightly with pity and sympathy.

"I....I feel great. Better than I have in a while actually. I'm not gonna sit around and feel bad for myself. I'm gonna....I'm gonna do things. I'm gonna be myself. I'm not sit and mope around when I have no reason to."

"That's my girl." Jughead smiled. "Now get out I really have to pee."

I laughed, leaving the bathroom letting Jughead do his thing. I made my way towards the living room and plopped down on the sofa, waiting for juggie.

He came out quickly and made his was towards me, sitting down.

"What do you wanna do today?" He asked, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"I wanna...get breakfast."

"God yes."

~~~~

Sitting in that booth at pops with Jughead felt good. Great even. We ordered a mountain of food and we were enjoying each other's company.

"Alright, alright. Truth time." I smiled. "Archie wasn't great. I mean, yeah it was my first time and I have nothing to compare it to, but I mean come on. I didn't even.....you know."

"Oh...oh my." Jughead mumbled, trying to hold back a laugh. "Good to know."

"Hey, you're the only person I have to tell this to." I laughed, stealing a piece of his bacon. "And besides...it's not like I'm telling the whole world that Archie Andrews is bad at sex."

"Well maybe I can show you how a real man does it."

He quickly spit out his coffee, clearly not believing what he just said as I dropped my fork down onto my plate, causing the diner to go quiet.