Gwen stacy

What you're wearing

"I've done everything you've asked

"I've done everything you've asked. Why can't you leave me the hell alone?"

"Because we're not finished." The deep voice said into the phone. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I could seem to get a grip on anything. "I spared Jugheads life. You did what I asked. But I'm not done playing. If you don't help me, more will die. Riverdale streets will run red."

"Help you how?" I asked, signing as I slowly closed my eyes in frustration. He wasn't gonna let up, not anytime soon.

"While Keller and his men hunt for low-level dealers, we will go after the real dealer. The drug maker, someone who hides behind a name, the Sugarman. A corrupter of children who deserve sleep swift, brutal justice." He explained, the details really only begin one huge mind-fuck.

0The fact that you're asking me to find him means that you can't. I'm a disappointment who's gonna be an art major. How the hell am I supposed to help?" I snapped, my patience running thin as my anger only grew.

"Yes, but you happen to be friends with the daughter of the Sugarman's former supplier, Clifford blossom. I'd start there."

"And if I find him, what will you do to him?" I asked, my voice quieter than before.

"Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to, y/n. You know better. Bring me the identity of the Sugarman, and I will put down my sword." He said.

"And if I don't? I refuse?"

"Someone will be purified. Don't test me on that." And with that he hung up. The line clicked as I took in a long breath, my mind racing and the blinding headache already starting to build. What more would I have to do? What more until I know my family and friends are safe? What more until this asshole is satisfied?

~~~~

Walking towards the large house I kept thinking. Was it really all worth it? Was I really about to hound my "cousin" over something or something who may or may not even be real? Yes, yes I was.

"Sweet cousin, to what do I owe this unannounced pleasure?" Cheryl asked as she noticed me. she was in a beautiful red bathing suit, stretched out on a lounge chair, her pale skin already taking colour from the sun.

"Don't worry. I won't be here long. I...I wanted to see how you were doing." I looked down at her, fiddling with watch on my wrist.

"I'm.....compartmentalizing." She sighed, placing her book down. Big words. "But I also see right through you, invisible woman."

"I....I had a long weekend. It hasn't been great. I'm trying my mind off of it....so I thought I would....write. An article. One that wouldn't be published of course but something mostly for me. It's stupid, it's on jingle-jangle inundating Riverdale." I lied, watching as she picked her book back up. "Look, I'm not gonna keep beating around the bush. Have you ever heard of the Sugarman?"

"Yes, of course." She deadpanned, looking up at me with a sense of knowledge. Taken back, I blinked for a moment, confused.

"W..what?"

"As children, mother told us tales of how daddy was friends with the so called Sugarman." She began. "And they were bad. He's sneak into our room and night, steak us from our beds, whisk us away, never more to be seen."

"Dude...first off..that's just fucking creeping and second...do you think it's possible that this man maybe worked for your fathers drug business?" I asked, hoping to not cross too far over the line.

"Dear god, y/n. Is there not memory, however traumatic, you won't defile?" She asked me, a fake smile planted on her face. I sighed, slightly apologizing with my eyes knowing I could never udder the actual words "I'm sorry" to a blossom, cousins or not.

"I'm just trying to get the truth. I shouldn't be telling you this but....I'm sad. Okay? And I don't what else to with myself right now other than keeping off of it. So yes.....taking with The tune I'm playing real Gwen Stacy right now and putting on my reporters hat." I explained the best I could without giving her too much detail.

"As sorry as I am about that, I've already told you the truth. The Sugarman was a poison confection spun by my mother to scare children. Like the sandman or Krampus. Now, fly away, little bird." She smirked, opening her book back up, placing her gassed back on her face and began pretending I was no longer there.

Perfect.

~~~~

Walking into Pops, the neon lights did a little to calm the pounding headache I've had for the past three days. Waking over to the counter, I quickly got sheriff Keller's attention.

"Sheriff Keller. The station told me you'd be here."

"I'm off the clock, y/n." He stated, eating the last couple fries that were on his plate.

"Just a few questions. I'm helping Betty with an article for the blue and gold. It's on jingle-jangle." I explained, hoping to get him to answer my questions.

"All right. One question, so, you'd better make it count." He agreed, shoving his now empty plate away.

"Have you ever heard of a dealer called the Sugarman?" I asked. He slowly nodded, looking off into the distance for a moment.

"Have I heard of him? well, I know him. You know him. The Sugarman, the maple man, the delivery man, he had about a million different names but it was always just one man. Clifford blossom." He said, acting as if I should've know this already.

"But he's dead." I mumbled. "So how is there still a supply of jungle-jangle?"

"Jingle-jangle didn't hit the streets until after Clifford died. Truth is, anybody could be the supplier now. Good night, y/n." And with that Keller got up and walked out of pops, leaving me with even less hope than I had when I walked in here.

"Drafting your next savage takedown?" The familiar voice asked me from across the diner? Turning around in my stool I starred at Veronica for only but a moment but in that moment I felt sad. She's my best friend. I quickly got up and walked over to her booth, standing there awkwardly.

"I don't expect you to believe me, but I didn't mean what I said...sort of. This is really bad apology but it's true. I don't really if knew about betty and Archie....and just chose not tell me but I assumed....and I wasn't really man but you know...I have no sane excuse." I mumbled, looking down at her with a sort of hurt expression. After the call from the Blackhood I haven't really taken a moment to sit down, and stop thinking. But now that I've let the images of my sister and boyfriend...ex boyfriend cloud my mind I feel like collapsing.

"No, there isn't. So, tell me, y/n/n. What's the insane excuse?"

Hey YALL. I miSsed you!!!! I'm so, so sorry but I had taken a little break just to let my mind regenerate all my ideas and hopefully get some inspiration back but the next chapter is finally here. I can already tell you the rest of the season is gonna be wild, so please, stick around, get comfy and pray we don't lose anyone;)

❤️❤️