His Prey; Frozen

"I can't believe how long it has been!"

"How long what has been, mother?" Anastasia smiled down at Ciel,

"How long it's been since we've come to the Frost Festival. I remember bringing you here when you were 7." Anastasia gazed at Ciel, he looked absolutely adorable in his large blue fur-lined coat. It reminded her of the red shawl he used to wear. She missed those days; he used to smile and laugh constantly. Ciel glanced at his mother with a frown, he forgets how much the fire affected her. Rachel Phantomhive was a younger sister to her, even if she appeared physically older.

"Yeah. . .I remember that." Sebastian was rather lost by this point. So he opted to to just watch Anastasia. She was far too lost in her memories to notice the glowing pink eyes directed at her. While Sebastian was dressed in his usual uniform and black button-up coat, Ciel had convinced Anastasia to wear an ink blue skirt, a white ruffled long-sleeved shirt, and a black heavy velvet jacket. Her hair was pinned into a simple bun at the nape of her neck and her head was covered with a soft beaver fur hat. Walking with her back straight and her head held high Anastasia passed for a noblewoman, and Sebastian's attraction grew.

"Ahem, Young Master why are we here?" 

"Ah! Ciel Pantomhive, what are you doing here?!" Ciel turned to see Fred Abberline of the Scotland Yard speedily walking towards their group.

"Do take care how you speak, Sir Abberline." Abberline turned to the imposing woman, never before had he seen a woman look so utterly confident and elegant. Fighting down a blush he looked back toward Ciel who was walking away.

"Hey wait a minute!" Abberline reached out to grabbed Ciel but was cut off by a smaller more feminine hand grasping his wrist.

"I would prefer if you did not touch my son Sir Abberline." Sebastian growled slightly at the look Abberline was giving his bear demon.

"Y-Your son?! But I thought-" Anastasia's grip tightened, almost painfully, and Abberline whimpered.

"Yes. My son." Sebastian smirked at the terrified face of Abberline. 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"A ring?" Ciel asks incredulously. 

"Ah! The little Lord! I've heard about this ring, it contains a Shard of Hope!" This caught Ciel's interest immediately. Disregarding the random appearance of Lau, Ciel fiddled with his ring and stared out the window of the cafe absentmindedly,

"The Shards of Hope come from the Hope diamond. There are only two shards in existence." Abberline and Lau looked at each other before engaging in conversation with Ciel once again. 

One table over, two demons sat in silence with untouched steaming cups of tea and a plate of biscuits. Anastasia fidgeted uncomfortably, her hat in her lap, under the gaze of Sebastian. Sebastian smirked. Anastasia grumbled,

"Why do you keep staring at me? Stop."

"Does it make you uncomfortable Mi'lady?" Anastasia snapped her glaring eyes to Sebastian,

"Yes, and quite frankly it is unnerving to be stared at like the prey you hunt." Oh how spot on was she, of course he stared at her like prey; she was his prey. 

"But my dear, you look simply ravishing in those clothes. How could one not stare?" Anastasia blushed,"Have you not noticed the looks you have been receiving from men? The glares from the women? Do you not know the beauty you radiate?" Anastasia eyes widened, 

'He really just said that!' Sebastian watched amused as Anastasia had a mental battle with herself.

"T-Thank you, Sebastian." Anastasia looked up and smiled brightly at the crow demon. Sebastian coughed and looked away with his own blush, questioning how in the world this demoness made him react like this. Sebastian thought back to when they first met and how he had assumed her weak because of the warm emotions she felt--the very same emotions he had begun to feel around her. He remembered when this all started: