Her Charge; Hello Young Master

A 6 year old Ciel ran towards his mother, Rachel Phantomhive, with a large grin plastered on his face. She smiled as his grin turned into giggles as she scooped him up into her arms and tickled him. When she stopped she smiled down at him and spoke, "My, my, someone seems to have remembered that I had a surprise for him today!" Ciel nodded eagerly and clapped his hands. "Well Ciel, this surprise is rather large and I could not have it wrapped but I think you will enjoy it!" As if on cue a young woman, probably in her early twenties, stepped through the doorway. The woman was very pretty with long hair the color of the earth, sparkling green eyes that would shame even the greenest of spring grass, and lips as red as the roses that grew in the garden. Ciel was immediately entranced yet confused as to why this woman would be his surprise. "Ciel, meet Anastasia Romanoff; your new caretaker. She is here because I know you get lonely with no one to play with and your father and I cannot always be around to keep you company. Anastasia is here to help take care of you." Rachel finished with a smile as Ciel tilted his head cutely.

"Hello young master, I hope that we may get to become friends!" Anastasia said with a broad smile practically glowing. Ciel's eyes widened before a small blush creeped up onto his cheeks and he grinned back.

"Do you wanna play tag with me?" Ciel asked, his big blue eyes shining. Before Anastasia could even open her mouth Ciel had clambered out of his mothers arms and grasped onto Anastasia's arm, already pulling her into the gardens. Rachel Phamtomhive just gave a sad smile knowing that she did indeed not have time to play with her son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After playing tag Ciel decided that he wanted to play hide-n-seek, but did not in fact tell Anya(as he had taken to calling her). Having no knowledge of where her young master had gotten to, she sighed before calling out for him. After two minutes of silence she finally heard the small boys giggling emerging from a large bush to her left. Grinning to herself at her plan Anastasia sighed dramatically before calling out, "Oh how shall I tell his mother how I lost poor little Ciel on my first day?!" After hearing nothing she continued, " such a shame it is that I will have to eat his snack, chocolate cake, all by myself!" A gasp was heard from the bush as Ciel came dashing out only to be caught by his new caretaker. " Young master! Oh thank goodness you are safe!"

"You said cake! We're having cake?!" Anastasia giggled to herself while still holding her young master; she had been told of his sweet tooth. Ciel tried to wiggle out of her grasp to get to the table that had been set up outside, but she was having none of that.

"Now, now Ciel do calm yourself before you fall." Ciel stilled, looking up at Anastasia, "You must tell me if you wish to play a new game and where you are, what if I was unable to help you if you got into any trouble because I could not find you?" She scolded gently.

"I'm sorry Anya! I promise not to do it ever again!" Ciel cried throwing his small arms around her neck. Anastasia rubbed is back soothingly before pulling away,

"Come little cub, there is delicious cake waiting!" Putting him down Anastasia grabbed Ciel's tiny hand into her much larger one before walking with him to the table. Neither had any idea that both of his parents were looking upon the scene with smiles, satisfied that they had made the right choice and their son was safe and happy with his new companion.