five

charlotte willard

"just put your sunglasses on." maddy said, handing me my dark sunglasses. we were being swarmed with paparazzi yet again and my anxiety immediately spiked. i tried to control my breathing as maddy gripped my hand, giving it a squeeze before nodding at me. i put the glasses over my eyes, everything immediately becoming tinted. i heard her door open as people began to yell.

bright flashes of light flooded my vision even with the sunglasses on. i sighed before opening my door, stepping out quickly and shutting the car door. "cherry!" they began to yell as i made my way to the restaurant door. i kept my head down, trying to guide myself to the doors.

people kept crowding around, pushing each other to get the best pictures.

the door opened for me and i thanked whoever was holding it. i didn't want to look up, it was hard to see already with the flashes of light. i'm surprised maddy doesn't wear sunglasses, she's brave.

i walked in and everything seemed too dark all the sudden. maddy grabbed my arm, guiding me to the back tables quickly. "you okay?" i asked her as we walked. i knew she hated paparazzi just as much as i did but she handled it really well on the outside. "yes." was all she said before we were in a back room. there was a long table and everyone was standing around it.

there was more people than last night, lots of faces i didn't know. i started to get nervous as i eyed the room. the table was set for about 15 people, white napkins set up decoratively.

"charlotte!" someone yelled and i turned to see rudy walking towards me, arms out wide. i took off my sunglasses, embracing him in a hug. "hey rudy." i stuffed the glasses in my pocket. he pulled away, leading me to a chair at the end of the table. "for you." he bowed and i laughed at his silliness. all of her friends were full of banter that i actually enjoyed.

"she's sitting next to me." drew came out of nowhere and i assumed he just walked in. "um no." rudy chuckled, pulling out the chair for me. i went to sit before drew stopped me. "drew stop." rudy grumbled and i smiled, enjoying their jokes. "i'll just sit next to both of you." i teased, moving to the middle chair so each of them could sit next to me. rudy groaned but cracked a smile as drew took his seat.

"cherry." i felt a tap on my shoulder and when i turned i was met with maddy kneeling down. i furrowed my brows at her, confused why she was on the floor. "what's up?" she looked annoyed but also nervous. it made my stomach churn.

"my ex is here." she shut her eyes like it pained her to see him. i completely understood, if my ex was here i'd have a stroke. her and chase didn't have a messy break up from what i know. things were just left unsaid and the feelings weren't there for maddy anymore.

"do you want to leave? i understand if you do." i assured here. she shook her head, "sit by me mads." drew said, apparently listening to our conversation. i nodded at her and she slowly got up. "let's just have dinner and leave." she said and i nodded.

timothée chalamet

i stared at the ceiling, my mind all over the place. i really couldn't believe i was in the same city as cherry. i couldn't believe i'm trying to find her right now. i kind of felt like a stalker ex boyfriend and it made my stomach hurt. maybe i shouldn't have done this, or maybe i should have. i keep fighting my own mind, it was like this on the plane too.

"found her." angela spoke up and i shot up from the bed. i blinked, growing nervous once again. she walked over to the bed, looking at something on her phone.

her voice rang through my head, the last thing she said to me two months ago.

get out.

i remembered the pain on her face, how broken she was. i regret some things in my life but this had to be the worst. i've never regretted something more, i should have fought for her. if i truly loved her and i would have done that. i have to make it right, i love her and she deserves an apology.

"she's at Delilah right now." angela turned her phone, showing me a video from someone's instagram story. the only thing i was focused on her, she looked happy. how could i ruin that? "she's with the cast of outer banks." angela said as the video replayed.

"who's that?" my eyes shifted to the guy on her left. he was cheering, smiling from ear to ear at cherry. they looked like they were having fun. "oh that's drew starkey." angela smiled, shutting her phone off. "what?" i said and she shrugged, grabbing her purse. "you're jealous, i can see it on your face." she walked towards the door.

"hey i mean drew's a pretty fine man, you should be." i ignored her, sitting up straight. "where are you going?" she swung open the door. she slowly turned to me, "are we not going to Delilah? i could use a nice dinner." she was teasing me.

"we don't have a reservation." i was really nervous, haven't seen her in so long. "you act like you're not timothée chalamet." she opened up her phone, dialing a number.

i assumed she was making a last minute reservation.

"hi i need to make a reservation.. no for tonight. um about thirty minutes from now and can you put it under chalamet? yes timothée.. okay great!" she smirked at me and i rolled my eyes.

"okay well i'm gonna change.. of course she's eating at the most popular restaurant that is swarmed with paparazzi 24/7." this wasn't the greatest idea. angela ignored me, walking into another room. i found some jeans and a t-shirt, grabbing a jacket and a hat. i knew i'd immediately be recognized but i could still try.

as soon as i walked out of the room ready, angela ran out the door. she tugged my arm, "why the rush?" i was freaking out on the inside and she was rushing me, making me more nervous. "who knows how long they have already been there? hell that might already be gone." she pushed me into the passenger seat. she ran around the car, jumping in and peeling out of the driveway.

the drive seemed too fast, it felt like i blinked and we were parking outside the restaurant. it was swarming with people, paparazzi snapping pictures of someone i couldn't see. angela hoped out and i followed, my breathing increasing. i tugged on my hat, pulling it down.

screams filled my ears, my name immediately being called out. is it that obvious that it's me? i clenched my jaw, trying to find the enterance.

"cherry!" my head snapped up at the nickname. i saw her dark hair first and when i went to see her eyes, sunglasses covered them. she looked down, being led by a tall man. her hand was clutched to his arm and i realized i've stopped. people crowded around me, phones being shoved in my face.

"timmy!" more yells and then her eyes were on mine. my blood ran cold, seeing her look at me. her lips parted but she didn't stop moving with the guy. the flashes from the cameras lit up the night.

then she was gone.

my arm was being tugged and i started moving forward. "timothée." angela's voice flooded through my ears. i couldn't focus on anything, my mind replaying what just happened.

i felt stupid.

-