Chapter Fifty-Two

Kenya poked her head around the corner of the hallway. "Tati?"

    Tatiana, feeling quite content with Aubrey's arms around her, sat up a little straighter.

    "Are we spending the night?" Kenya asked.

    Looking alarmed, Tatiana said, "Of course not. We can't."

    "Actually, you can," Aubrey corrected her.

    She turned and looked at him.

    He shrugged sheepishly. "I mean...if you want to."

    "Thank you!" Kenya called out to him, and disappeared again.

    "That's sweet of you, but...we probably shouldn't spend the night here," Tatiana told him.

    "Who's going to see you?" he asked. "This is my property. Only a handful of people know that I own it, and even less than that know that it's where I'm staying while working at the university."

    "Yeah, but..."

    "Trust me. Everything would be fine." He studied her and said, "But if you don't want to stay here or if you didn't think you should, then I would respect that. Of course."

    It hadn't been that long ago that she'd borderline sexually assaulted him in his own classroom, but for some reason the thought of sleeping in the same bed with him made her feel nervous. Anxious. She looked him in the eyes, those adorable big puppy dog brown eyes, and all of a sudden it was hard to imagine anything with him being anything but beautiful and perfect. "If you think it would be okay..."

    He squeezed her tight. "It will be, I promise."

    She closed her eyes and smiled when she felt his lips on her forehead. "What are you thinking about?" she asked him nearly ten minutes later.

    "What it's going to take to disinfect everything in that office," he said, sounding just as content and comfortable as she felt. "Because I don't even want to think about what Kenya is doing in there with her man."

    Tatiana laughed. "You might need a team to come in and sweep the room, remove any traces of-"

    "Stop right there," Aubrey interrupted. "I've heard more than enough."

    She buried her face in his chest to stifle her laughter.

    "I tend to have a vivid imagination," he muttered.

    Her laughing intensified.

    "What? I do."

    She raised her head and looked at him. "I'm sorry, baby," she apologized. "Let me give you something better to imagine." Shifting within his arms, she adjusted her position until she was straddling him.

    The look of surprise on his face made the action worth it. "That's more like it," he said, his voice lowering. His hands slid down to her waist.

    Writhing on his lap felt like heaven and getting him worked up was a bonus. Eager to feel his lips on hers, she leaned down and kissed him. As she kissed him, she heard his voice in her head, singing the words he'd written. She heard their voices mingling together, each singing their own words. Despite her lack of singing ability, her voice mingled with his still managed to sound magical. Remembering his words and absorbing just how much he cared for her stirred up her own emotions and feelings for him. Overwhelmed with emotion, she broke off the kiss and rested her head on his shoulder while wrapping her arms around his neck.

    He held onto her tight. "Hey. You okay?"

    She nodded without speaking.

    Keeping his arms around her, he stood up and carried her to the master bedroom. After kicking the bedroom door shut with his foot, he walked over to the bed and set her on it. "I want to make sure that you understand...that we can go as slowly as you want. I would never pressure you to do anything you didn't want to do. So...tonight, we do whatever you want. If you just want to go to sleep holding each other, I'm down for that. If you want to just...kiss and touch each other..." He trailed his fingers down one of her arms. "I'm down for that. If you want...more...then I'm down for that, too. Just tell me what you want."

    Scooting back further on the bed, she asked, "No 'All of the above' option?"

    "It's whatever you want," he said, raising a knee and lowering it down to the bed.

    "For starters, Mr. Graham, I'd like you to take your shirt off," she told him, her voice laced with mock-innocence.

    He arched an eyebrow at her. "Mr. Graham, huh?"

    She nodded, leaned forward, and grabbed the bottom of his shirt. Yanking it, she said, "I think I've been a naughty student."

    Covering his hand with hers, he said, "Not this time."

    "What do you mean?" she asked, blinking up at him.

    "The teacher/student role play idea is sexy. Down the line it's something I'd really like to try with you. But...we have time for that. If we are really going to to this, then I'd like our first time to just be me and you. Not Tatiana the Student or Mr. Aubrey Graham the teacher, but...just Tatiana and Aubrey. Okay?"

    Dumbfounded by how much thought and consideration he put into his interaction with her, she nodded. "Yes, of course."

    He touched her face gently before leaning in and kissing her.

    The hands she had on his shirt, she slid beneath the fabric. A gasp left her lips as her fingers came into contact with his abdomen. Perfectly flat, rippled with muscular excellence.

    With a low groan, he pulled back from the kiss. One of his hands dipped underneath his shirt and covered her hand as it explored his torso. Then he kissed her again, and this time he kissed her like he meant it. His tongue caressed hers when he wasn't nipping at her lips.

    While she wasn't the most experienced kisser, he made it easy to follow his lead. So Tatiana kissed him back with every ounce of passion that she possessed in her body. And in those moments, she was just Tatiana kissing Aubrey. Nothing more, nothing less.