Chapter Sixty-Five

"So, I want to make sure I'm understanding you. You came to us with some pretty serious allegations regarding Professor Graham's behavior and involvement with one of his students... but now you're saying that you could have been wrong?"

    Aisha sat in front of the dean's desk, avoiding the administrator's gaze and chewing a wad of gum so thick, it was a wonder her mouth could open at all. Self-consciously twirling a braid around her finger, she mumbled, "I could have been wrong."

    "When you came in this office, you were sure of the information you were giving us. Why the change of heart?"

    "There's no change of heart. I just realized that I didn't really have any real proof that he did anything wrong."

    The dean folded her arms across her chest and stood from her chair. She walked around the desk and came to stand in front of it. Leaning a hip against the desk, she looked down at the young, fidgety college student. "Have you had any contact with Professor Graham, since you reported your suspicions to this office?"

    Aisha frowned. "What? No."

    "No one from his team has attempted to contact you to get you to change your story?"

    Aisha laughed and shook her head. "No. Look...I just realize that maybe he's just a flirty person."

    The dean arched a slender eyebrow.

    Rolling her eyes, Aisha elaborated, "I mean it's common knowledge that he has hoeish tendencies. Or had. Or whatever. So knowing that he was a bit of a hoe, maybe I just... jumped to a few conclusions without any real proof."

    "You reported that he often sat next to Tatiana Wallance, that they were often seen talking before and after class - even at a school sports function."

    "All of that is true, but...there's not really anything wrong with any of that, is there?" Aisha asked. "He's a teacher, so he's going to talk to us. Maybe he sat next to her to be a part of us, a part of the class...and it was a school event. So naturally, she was going to be there and he was going to be there."

    The dean looked less than convinced.

    "Maybe he likes her. Maybe he's crushing on her...or maybe he's just a really good teacher who sees something in her. Talent or something. All I know is, we had a great teacher and he's been replaced with some robotic bitch who doesn't even try to make class interesting."

    The dean's eyes hardened.

    Aisha flashed an apologetic smile and shrugged. "Pardon my language."

    "An investigation is on-going, and the investigation will continue," the dean said, standing up straight and returning to her desk chair. "If what you say is correct and he's innocent, we'll know soon enough."

    "But I'm telling you-"

    "You weren't the only student to issue a concern about Professor Graham's behavior," the dean reminded her, "and it would be irresponsible for this administration to call off an investigation because a class of students missed their teacher. We will see this investigation through and Professor Graham will return only if and when he is found innocent."

    Aisha frowned and looked down.

    "Is there anything else that you wanted to share?"

    The student shook her head.

    "Then it has been a pleasure speaking with you. Have a great day, Aisha."

                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~