chapter four

__________________________________

Two wine glasses later for both of them, they laid on the couch, The Hunger Games playing on the TV. It had started with Lexa insisting Peeta hadn't lost his leg in the movies and Clarke- completely unbelievable of it because she had read the books too many times- had insisted that he'd lost it. So they had put the first movie on, getting caught up in it and missing to skip to the end.

They were half through it when Lexa lazily turned to Clarke. "You hungry?"

The woman turned around and shrugged. "Are you?"

"Kinda. But I don't want to get up."

"Should I order something?"

"Let me," Lexa said and pulled out her phone, but Clarke had already unlocked hers.

"I've got it. What do you want?"

"I don't know,I'm fine with about anything but sushi," Lexa replied. Clarke nodded, then stopped in her movements to call a number.

"You don't like sushi?"

"You do?"

"No, but like- everyone I know does. Ah. This is so relieving, I thought something was wrong with me," the blonde said, pressing the call button for a pizza deliver service. "What kind of pizza?" Clarke hissed, having completely forgotten to ask that.

"I don't know. Pepperoni?"

So Clarke finished the order with pepperoni pizza and then got out her notebook again. "Now that we're at it, favorite food and pizza?"

"I like a lot of food, but Asian and Mexican might be the best. And pizza, I don't know, I almost eat everything, it depends."

"Pineapple pizza?"

"Not my thing."

"Lemon or peach ice tea?"

Lexa laughed at the serious expression of Clarke. "Lemon is really good with a bit vodka but otherwise peach. What about you? Favorite food, pizza, pineapple, ice tea?"

Clarke hummed as she thought. Her eyes went back to the big screen at the wall, her eyes gleaming in the light. "I'm a bad word for good breakfast and junk food in the middle of the night. If anyone would get me McDonalds at 3 a.m., I would love them with all my heart. Otherwise I eat an unhealthy amount of carrots."

"Carrots?"

"There's no way you never noticed the paper bag from the vegetable store over the street I bring with me every day."

Lexa laughed, a real, sincere sound, something Clarke didn't think the woman had ever done in front of her. "There are carrots inside? How many do you eat!?"

"Yeah," Clarke mumbled sheepishly. "My mom used to give me a 'no carrots' punishment if I did something wrong."

Lexa's laugh grew louder and her eyes gleamed when she asked Clarke if she was actually serious. After she confirmed the story, Lexa couldn't focus on the movie they continued anymore, her head was merely filled with a cute image of little Clarke pouting to get more carrots.

The pizza delivery was there quicker than they'd thought and Lexa forced herself off the couch.

"Take my money from my purse!" Clarke called after her.

"Yeah, yeah!"

She came back with the ordered pizza, plopped back on the couch, a little closer to Clarke. Unintentionally, of course.

Resting her feet on another corner of the rather big furniture, she put the pizza carton on her thighs just to pick it back up and squeal. "It's hot!" she warned Clarke, who was just about to place her own pizza in her lap.