chapter nineteen

_____________________________

"What an asshole," Clarke huffed as soon as they had finished their breakfast and were on their way back.

"Yeah. What an asshole," Lexa agreed. She was still noticably tense.

"Doesn't matter," Clarke tried. "The more he makes us look bad so obviously, the worse he himself will look. Ms. Blake definitely noticed his stragety there."

"It would be a shame if he was to get the partnership. If I was Ms. Blake, I would've kicked him out today already."

"But then we wouldn't get this for two more weeks," Clarke argued with a wide gesture around them. They were still holding hands- somehow they had never let go of one another after breakfast- and Clarke used her free arm to accentuate the pools and now uprising wellness building.

"You have a point."

"Why don't we go there now? We have time until tonight and Ms. Blake's party down at the beach. We could get a massage or something."

Lexa was ready for anything that morning but a goddamn massage with Clarke. She had had her fair share of Clarke half to entirely naked. Her thoughts racing, she tried to find an excuse.

And just as a reason not to go was shaping up in her mind, her eyes caught onto Mr. Azgeda coming down the side of the pool. "Of course babe," she said without that she thought about it a second time. "Let's go."

Clarke understood the second Lexa had uttered the nickname. With their still intertwined hands, she and Lexa went on to the spa building. Lexa held the door open for Clarke and then, because he was right behind them, for Mr. Azgeda too. With a too polite smile, she let him enter after Clarke.

They were in the short line right before Mr. Azgeda and Clarke's original plan of making Lexa relax after that breakfast with a massage seemed to have failed before it had even started.

The small woman at the counter had dark, smooth hair and a big smile that almost made her eyes vanish. "Welcome," she chimed. "What are you here for, ladies? Saunas, indoor pools ranging from swimming pool to whirlpool to saltwater pool, massages that specify in full body, face and back and shoulder, our wonderful skin care ladies that will bring you to glow- would you like our prospect or do you already have an idea?"

"Oh um-" Slightly overwhelmed, Clarke looked at Lexa to check they were still on the same page with the massage. "I think for today, a massage sounds good."

"You will not regret that choice. We have different programs there. You can either have a basic massage, both seperately, or you can choose to be in the same room to chat and enjoy your time together, that's our two person massage, and lastly we have our couple special."

Clarke and Lexa both knew that what they had come for was the two person massage. Talking about the following two weeks while getting a massage, no more, no less.

And then there was Mr. Azgeda, who crushed their plans by clearing his throat. He stood right behind them and he made it clear that he was listening.

"The couple special doesn't sound bad," Clarke said and if Lexa managed not to blush anymore holding Clarke's hand, the idea of a massage called 'couple special' was far too much.

"Yeah," she agreed still and regretted having gone to that spa building in the first place.

"Then please, go over there to get a bag and take a seat, someone will pick you up in only a few minutes."

-

The bag that Lexa and Clarke were supposed to get contained a white bikini-like two piece and a robe according to their sizes. With that in their hands, they took place in the waiting area. "Couple special, huh?" Lexa asked somewhen and Clarke chuckled.