𝟬𝟬𝟳. fatal hairbrush

gone girl.
━━━ chapter seven

When Amaryllis had said she missed fighting, she didn't exactly mean that, but it'd have to do. With the confidence of an immortal person, she charged at Kelli the empousa with Percy by her side, while Annabeth, Daedalus and Mrs O'Leary, the giant dog, were busy handling the giants. Nico, the young demigod, was trying his best to remove the shackles and Rachel was probably somewhere in the back of the room, trying to get the wings off the wall.

Despite never having fought together before, the duo made a very good team. They were both swift and somehow could communicate by just looking at each other. Amaryllis attacked from the one side and Percy from the other, overwhelming and confusing Kelli. The truth was that Amaryllis could see that she needed a bit more training, as she was less fast compared to Percy, but then again, she hadn't actually used a normal weapon in a while so she had an excuse.

A jar of Greek fire broke on the floor after Mrs O'Leary accidentally pushed over a table and green flames started spreading around the room. At the same time, Minos tried summoning ghosts and seemed to be succeeding, but Nico thankfully managed to remove the shackles and was now on his feet. Spirits of Cretan soldiers slowly began to surround Minos and they were multiplying as fast as solidifying as well.

Needless to say that things were quickly getting out of hand.

"I am the son of Hades," Nico screamed at the ghosts and Amaryllis froze. Another child of the Big Three - Percy had mentioned him during their time in Ogygia, but she had completely forgotten about it. "Be gone!"

Minos laughed. "You have no power over me. I am the lord of spirits! The ghost king!"

Nico drew his sword, but after getting pushed by one of the giants, the sword flew across the room. Meanwhile one of the ghost soldiers who had solidified was approaching Percy, who was trying to fight off Kelli with Annabeth, who was impressively enough fighting the giant with one dagger and the empousa with the other. The fire was still spreading more quickly than anticipated.

Everything was going wrong and Amaryllis felt frozen in one spot, with her fists shaking as she held her sword like it was the only thing keeping her from floating away. What the hell is wrong with you? she was screaming inside her mind at no one but herself. She was in the middle of a battle and had completely stopped fighting, standing still as she watched her friends struggle, even though everything inside her screamed to fight.

"No. I am the ghost king!" she heard Nico's voice, though her eyes were focused on Minos's cold eyes that seemed to stare at her soul for a minute. Then the weirdest thing happened. The ground rumbled and the windows shattered to pieces, letting out the green smoke that was beginning to make it hard for them to breathe. A fissure opened in the stone floor of the workshop, slowly sucking Minos and his spirits who were wailing for help and apologizing to Nico.

When Amaryllis finally unfroze and realised what was happening, it was too late. Kelli slashed across her stomach with her spear and threw her, her head hitting a table as she fell down. She yelped in pain, as the she-demon came towards her with a smile that could only be described as evil. She tried to raise her sword, but she was too weak. 

"I've always wanted to taste someone like you," Kelli said, licking her fangs, but suddenly her whole body went rigid. Percy appeared from behind her, taking his sword from the monster's back and as the empousa turned into dust, he immediately rushed next to her.