Prologue

The Potter manor was usually quite wild in the morning, most likely due to the wild eleven-year-old boy Euphemia and Fleamont Potter have to endure. But on this fine early September morning the chaos was at its finest. 

"James! We have to leave! The train leaves at eleven and it's ten-thirty!" Fleamont Yelled upstairs to his son. 

"I'm right here dad," The young boy said from behind his father, making the older man jump. 

"Do you have everything in your trunk, dear?" Euphemia said coming into the room with her two boys. "And as your father said, we better be off. Grab onto my arm boys." And as the two Potter boys grabbed onto her wrist, they apparated to Platform 9 3/4 to fulfill the youngest's youth with friendship, knowledge and more love than thought humanly possible. 

At platform 9 3/4 the Rosier and Black's arrived at ten fifty-five, with five minutes to spare before officially missing the train to Sirius' and Stella's first year at Hogwarts. The Black family, Orion, Walburga, Regulus and Sirius with the addition to the young brunette Rosier, Stella, rushed through the crowd of families who wave at their children on the train.  The other Rosier, a ten-year-old boy named Evan, stayed home this morning because he didn't want to wake 'so early'. 

"Sirius! Be a gentleman and bring Stella's trunk and yours to that prefect," Walburga ordered as she pointed to the Slytherin Prefect, Lucius Malfoy, to bring the trunks to. 

"But mum, there's a prefect right by the entrance," The young boy replied, pointing to the Hufflepuff Prefect next to the door of the train. 

"No, bring it to Malfoy. We don't want your things to dirtied by someone with dirty blood," she said in disgust. Sirius looked as if he was going to say something but a quick glance at Stella's warning face silenced him, Stella hated fighting. 

Sirius walked off to Malfoy with his and Stella's trunks as Stella waited for him. When he came back his parents and younger brother were gone, leaving him and Stella alone to board the train and begin their new lives. 

Remus Lupin looked up from his book, as a pretty brunette girl opened the compartment door, "Oh, sorry. This compartment is full as well," she said softly to a boy behind her. She was about to shut the door and move onto look for a new compartment when the raven-haired boy across from Remus stood up. 

"You can come in here, darling. I'm sure we could make room for such a pretty girl like you," The boy said with a charming smile. He held out his hand, "James Potter at your service." 

She took his hand to shake politely, but he took her hand and planted a soft kiss on her knuckles, bowing his head to her. She gave him a tight-lipped smile, "Pleasure. But I think I'll keep looking." 

The boy behind her nudged her to go into the compartment and said, "Come on Ella, everywhere else had even more people, this is only three. It'll be fine." The girl, Ella as the boy called her, caved and took the seat between the shy boy, and Remus. 

"So, Ella, is it?" James asked as he sat back down and the dark-haired boy followed his lead, sitting down next to James. 

"No, my friends call me Ella. It's Rosier to you, Potter." She replied sitting tall. Most girls wouldn't be so confident talking to such a handsome young man like James Potter, but Ella seemed to be unfazed.  

"Ok then, what's your name?" James said turning to the boy next to him.

"Sirius Black," He replied coolly. "And what about you two?" He added. The shy boy went by the name Peter Pettigrew and the scarred boy, Remus Lupin. 

Ella turned to Remus and said, "Lupin, I haven't heard of you. What's your blood?" 

"Ella, don't ask that." Sirius said harshly. 

"Why, are you some kind of pureblood supremist?" James asked Ella. 

"I was just curious," Ella said defensively. But Ella never got her question answered because the trolly came as the train started moving so the topic changed. 

The group of first years had been talking for a few hours now as they got closer and closer to Hogwarts. The children just got back from changing into their robes when the topic of the Hogwarts houses was brought up. 

"So, Sirius what house do you want to get in?" James asked Sirius, the two boys seemed to become friends almost immediately after they started talking at the beginning of the train ride. 

"Well, my entire family has all been Slytherin, so I'd probably get in it too." Sirius said looking down into his hands. 

"Why would you get into Slytherin just because your family did, you aren't all the same. Are you?" Peter spoke up. 

"I guess I could break the cycle," Sirius said with a newly found confidence. "I could be the first Black not in Slytherin. Maybe Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. That would tell them." 

"You couldn't get in Ravenclaw, Siri. And you're too arrogant to be Hufflepuff. Maybe Gryffindor. Oh, your mum would have a field day with that," Stella laughed. 

"Well what house do you want to get in then, Rosier?" James questioned. 

"I think Slytherin would be just fine. It's a respectable house." She said with her chin up. 

James and Sirius shared a glance. James scoffed. "So many dark wizards come out of Slytherin. They practice the dark arts and they're all so prejudice and cruel."

"You're just generalizing all Slytherins to be that awful stereotype. That's probably why they act that way, to fit in. I hope I get into Slytherin just to prove you wrong Potter. I'm going to be the kindest, bravest, cleverest Slytherin you'll ever meet. I won't be cruel or prejudice, and I definitely won't practice the dark arts. I'll break every stereotype in the book." Stella exclaimed standing up and leaving the compartment. 

"We'll see about that," James said, rolling his eyes at how dramatic the young girl was. 

"Why'd she leave?" Sirius asked. 

"The train stopped, we're at Hogwarts." Remus said as he stood up and grabbed his book, leaving the others behind to catch up to Stella. He knew from that moment on, he wanted that girl in his life. She could be the confident role model he always wanted.