Chapter 3

The next few days after the Slytherins party went by quickly, but with lots of avoiding Snape.

One day Stella was feeling extra bored, so she decided to make some mischief. Normally she would allow the marauders to help her, but she wanted to do this on her own. After she pranked the Prewett twins on her own she decided she wanted to do it again. Stella decided the perfect place to prank someone would be one of the courtyards, so she went on her way with some other supplies she had.

With the help of a bit of magic, Stella set up her simple prank, with a bit of help from Peeves, she was ready. The plan was simple, she charmed a bowl of ice-cold water to drop of someone's head every time they walked by. Now all they had to do was sit back and wait.

Nobody had walked through the corridor leading to the courtyard in quite a while, so Peeves and Stella were going to try the prank on a new spot, but just as they went to leave, they heard people coming from around the corner. Quickly, they went back to hiding to see how the prank would unfold. But as soon as the group came around the corner, Stella jumped out telling them to wait.

But Stella was too lake, because Professor McGonagall and Headmaster Dumbledore were already drenched in freezing cold water.

Sitting in the headmaster office was Dumbledore, Minerva, Slughorn and Stella.

"Professor, in all honesty, it truly wasn't meant to happen to you. I was just trying to play a harmless prank!" Stella defended. "I really don't think I should be punished for this. I really wasn't trying to prank a teacher! It was meant for the students, I swear."

"Miss Rosier, you really aren't helping your case by saying it was intended for someone else. You still tried to prank someone, which is against the rules. It's our job to inflict the correct consequence we think you deserve," McGonagall replied.

Stella leaned in and whispered for McGonagall to hear, "Minnie, I wouldn't tell if you missed following a couple rules. Everyone loves a rebel." Then Stella winked to her, again not making matters any better.

"Miss Rosier you cannot charm a professor into getting you out of trouble. We've already discussed with professor Slughorn a punishment we think is appropriate for your behavior," Dumbledore stated, "We have a new student transferring from America's wizarding school, Ilvermorny."

"Ew. Why are you allowing an American here?" Stella said disgusted.

"She is a very nice student, and we should be able to get to know her well as you're giving her a tour of the school as your punishment," Dumbledore completed.

"That's it?" Stella said looking between the teachers. "I thought I was going to be expelled with all the professor in here. You could've just written that in a letter like a normal person."

"It's more professional this was, Stella. Now let's get back to class, you're delaying our lesson. I think your other classmates will really enjoy it," professor Slughorn said, leading Stella out of the office to go to the Potions classroom.

In the potion's classroom, the Gryffindors and Slytherins stayed separated, as they usually did. With the peacekeeper of the class, Professor Slughorn, gone, the tension between the two houses were through the roof. Nothing physical had happened in this class period yet, as it had only begun, but with the insults going back and forth, the peace seemed to be coming to an end.

"Oi, Snivellus! Maybe today Sluggy will teach us how to brew some shampoo, I bet you could find it quite useful, yeah?" Sirius said to Snape. James and Peter started laughing, Remus ignored the banter as he tried to find the page of the potion they would be making during class.