Chapter 3

Everleigh

"What's your name, again?" he asked.

"You must have been so disinterested in our date that my name must have been the least important information for you."

"It's not like that." his face hardened and turned cold.

"I'm joking." I laughed nervously.

"I found out about our date this morning." he said.

"That must have horrified you." I said.

"I was not horrified. I was just annoyed." he said.

"but you don't seem annoy now." I said.

"I could still be annoyed." he said with such a serious tone that I almost believed him until his lip turned upward as he give me the million dollar smile and that made me smile.

"On a serious note I'm still annoyed that I have to go on blind dates." he said.

"Tell me about it." I said.

"How about you?" he asked.

"It's like a monthly thing now." I shrugged. "I don't look at it as a date but more of a socializing time."

"How optimistic." he said.

"I have actually made some really good friends through this blind date." I tell him.

"You must have been that lonely that you have to be friends with your dates."

"I don't see the problem in that."

"Obviously." he said. "The men must be interested in you that they just want to be your friends."

"No." I shake my head. "I made it clear that we can't be more than friends."

"As if that will stop them."

"What do you mean?"

"You have a long way to go." he tells me.

I was confused by his words but he chose not to elaborate or explained what he was saying.

"Please tell my aunt or whoever that I was the worse date." I pleaded to him as we waited for our ride to pick us up from the entrance of the hotel.

He give me a mysterious smile but didn't answer. He made sure I got inside the car before he headed to his.

"You seem happy tonight, Miss Parker." Mr. Cole, my chauffeur said.

"Do I?" I asked surprise by his words.

"Your date must have went well."  Mr. Cole has been working for my family since I was little. He is one of the kindest soul I have ever met. His once dark hair is now pepper and salt. The wrinkled around his face especially his eyes and mouth reminded of all the smiles and laughter he has been bringing to everyone whom he meets.

"Maybe." I said still wondering about our date.

"Should we be celebrating?" he teases.

I don't mind Mr. Cole and I having conversation like these. He is like a family to me who have cared for me and have watched me grow from a whiny-stubborn girl to a whiny and stubborn woman.

"I don't think so." I sighed. I don't even know why I'm sighing. Maybe because the part of me knows that I won't be seeing him, again.

"It's okay." Mr. Cole reassured. "There is no rush. You will find the one once the time is right."

All I could do was smile.

Few days later, I was living my usual life. I was back to work and things have been busier than before. I almost forgot about my date with Carter until one fine afternoon, my aunt decided to call me.