Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

I swim forward, until the water is quite calm. I swim upward and take a deep breath as soon as I reach the surface. Thankfully, there's a piece of log. I breathe heavily as I hold onto it for dear life. God... please help me out of this situation.

-Where Am I?-

Y/N P.O.V

I don't know how long it's been since I'm stranded in the ocean. I lay limply on the piece of wood. I can feel my body slowly getting weaker every passing minutes.

Just as I was about to give up. Through my blurry vision, I can see an island. I quickly use the strength I have left and start paddling my feet, trying to reach the island.

After a while, I finally reach the shore. I lay on my back and breathe heavily. Finally, I have a hope that I might survive. I'm going to rest for a bit, before exploring this place. I close my eyes and let myself drift off.

***

I wake up, still on the same place. I force myself to get up. I'm surprised my backpack is still strapped on my shoulders. I sway a little as I stumble. I feel dizzy... really dizzy. My world is practically spinning.

I keep walking and notice there's mountains in front of me. Can I move up there? I look around for a way to go. But there's mountains wherever I look at. I guess I have no choice but to climb the mountain.

I fall on my knees as I breathe heavily. It's getting a little hard to breathe. 'Mom... dad... please give me your strength' I thought to myself. I can see a flash of image about this mountain. It have some kind of magic flowing within. I close my eyes and take a deep breathe.

I finally reach the very top. My eyes lit up when I can see a town. "Finally... a civilian" I said. I force myself to keep going. Climbing down the mountain is easier than climbing up.

After a while of walking, I can finally see the gate. I stumble forward and fall over. Through blurry gaze, I can see someone walking.

"H-Help... help me..." I said. My voice came out very hoarse and weak. I reach inside my backpack and take out a whistle. I place it in my mouth and blow it as hard as I can. The last thing I remember is seeing the person turns around and rushes towards me, and everything turns dark.

Time-skip

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is the ceiling. I look around the place, realizing I'm inside some kind of a nursery room. I try to move to sit up, but my body feels so weak.

"Don't move too much..." someone said. I turn my head to see a young girl. "W-Who are y-you?" I said. "Oh, my name is Mirabel" she said, smiling at me. She walks towards me and sits down on the chair.

"What about you? What is your name?" She said. "Y/N..." I said. "Can I call you Tia Y/N?" She said. I just nod my head. She offers a hand to me. I stare at it for a bit, hesitating because I know I'll start seeing her past.

"What's the matter?" She asked. "I just feel weak..." I lied. I don't want her to know what I can do, because I don't want her to treat me like a freak.

"Sorry... I didn't realize. Oh! You must be hungry! I brought you some food!" She said. I look at her in confusion, because her hands are empty. She must have noticed that I'm confused since she let out a chuckle.

"Casita?" She said. I gasp in shock when the tiles start to move. "W-What..." I stuttered out. She let out a laugh. "Oh... that's how Encanto works. We have been blessed by a Miracle!" She said. She start to tell me how things are formed here.

"Wow... t-that sounds..." I said, not knowing what to say. "I know. It's hard to believe isn't it?" She said. I nod my head. She lets out a giggle and hands me a plate of arepas. "Thanks..." I said. I start to eat the food. I can instantly feel myself getting better.

"Wow... what's happening? After I ate this. I can feel myself getting better instantly" I said. "Oh... that's my mom's special gift. She's able to heal with her cooking" she said. "Gift?" I said. She smiles and nods her head.

"So everyone in your family have a certain gift?" I said. I can see her eyes saddens. I gently take her hand in mine. I can see flashing of images.

Vision

I can see a crowd of people standing on either side. Judging from their heights. I'm guessing this when Mirabel was younger. I'd say, around 5 years old.

I can see her walking through the crowd and up the stairs. There's a woman standing in front of her. In her hands is a candle. She leans down, letting the candle be of reach.

"Will you use your gift to honor our miracle? Will you serve this community and strength our home?" She said. "Yes, Abuela" I hear Mirabel said. I see her turning to look at the door. She lift her hand and place it on the knob.

But the door slowly disappear from the wall. I can feel sadness flowing in Mirabel's body. What does that means?

End of Vision

"Tia Y/N?" A voice said, waving a hand in front of my face. I snap out of my thought. I turn to look at Mirabel. "Are you okay? You look in daze and your holding my hand. Also, your eyes kind of turned color, they look f/f" she said. Oh... I didn't know my eyes changed color when I look into someone's past.

"Um... I..." I stuttered. She looks at me in silence. "Is there something wrong?" She said. "No... no no no. Nothing is wrong. It's just... how do I say this. Let's just say... I have a 'gift' too" I said. Her eyes widen in shock. "You do??" She said. I nod my head.

"So... what is your gift?" She said. "My gift is called Psychometry. It allows me to see a person's past through physical contact... or the person's personal belongings" I said. "What did you see in mine?" She said.

"A woman... and a door, which disappeared" I said. "Oh... my ceremony" she said. "Ceremony?" I said, looking at her in confusion. "It's the time when we Madrigals receive our gifts. The door will give them their gift. Their picture will appear on the door with a picture of their gifts" she said. I frown at what she said.

"But your door..." I said. "Disappeared... I know. I uh... didn't get any gift" she said, looking down. "Mirabel..." I said. She shakes her head and smiles at me. "It's alright... I'm okay" she said. I can tell that she's lying. But I didn't say anything, not wanting to make things worse.

Mirabel keeps me company throughout the day. She is really friendly. She stays with me. Turns out the room I'm currently staying right now is her room. Since she didn't get any room, she stayed here in the nursery room.

"Looks like it's starting to get late. You need to rest, Tia Y/N" she said. "Okay..." I said, nodding my head. She pulls the blanket up to my chest.

"Have a good rest, Tia Y/N" she said, smiling at me. "Thank you, Mirabel..." I said. She smiles at me and walks towards her bed. I turn my head to look at the ceiling. I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*