Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

"Mirabel! Get out! The house is breaking!!" I yelled, getting up. But she didn't listen. I watched in horror as the house breaks into pieces. I drop on my knees as I stare at the remaining of the house. The place I can see as my home... is broken.

-Rebuilding What's Broken-

Y/N P.O.V

Mirabel is missing. No one knows where she is. This makes me panic, because even though we have no relation... I love Mirabel. She's like the daughter I never have.

Everyone tries to look for her everywhere but of no luck. It's like the earth have swallowed her. But we refuse to give up and try out best to find her.

I walk inside the forest, trying to look for Mirabel. "Mirabel!! Where are you, sweetie?!" I yelled out, while turning to all direction. But no matter how far I tried to look, I can't seem see her.

I let out a sigh and turn around. I let out a shriek as I come face to face with a pair of eyes. "Bruno... you scared me" I said, clutching onto my chest where my heart is. I can feel it beating faster.

"Sorry..." he said, looking embarrassed. He looks so upset. I let out a sigh and walk towards him. I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist, holding onto me tightly. He buries his face into the crook of my neck.

"It's okay, Bruno. We'll find her... I'm sure of it..." I said. I feel him nodding his head. I run my hand through his hair. I pull away and smile softly at him. He smiles back at me.

"Wait... I think I know where she is..." he said. "You do? Where?" I said. "Come on!" He said, ignoring my question. He gently grab my hand and starts pulling me along.

***

We are on a horse back. I wrap my arms around his waist, holding onto him so I don't fall over. We ride through the forest.

"She didn't do this!" He yelled as we jump across a bush. I can see Senora and Mirabel. "She didn't do this... it was me! I gave her a vision!" Bruno said. He slides down the horse with his leg still up. The horse moves aside, causing him to face-planted on the ground. I wince at the sight. I get off the horse and gently help him get up.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine... don't worry" he said. He turns to look at Senora who's looking back at him in shock. I can see tears slowly filling up her eyes. But Bruno didn't see that.

"I was like go! And she was like fttt! She only wanted to help. I... don't care what you think of me, but if you're too stubborn to, to-" he stopped mid words as Senora pulls him into an embrace.

"Brunito" she said. Bruno blinks his eyes in surprise. "I feel... like I missed something important" he said, turning to look at Mirabel. I shake my head and let out a light giggle. Mirabel shakes her head and walks past him. "Come on..." she said. Senora pulls away and place a kiss on his cheek.

They get on the horse. Bruno turns to look at me and grab my hand. I get on the horse behind him. I wrap my arms around his waist. "W-Where are we going?" Bruno said. "Home..." Mirabel said.

Time-skip

We soon reach the once Casita. Mirabel rushes to hug her mother. I stay with Bruno. He holds my hand. I can feel his hand shaking lightly. I turn to look at him. I give his hand a light squeeze. He turn to look at me.

"Everything will be alright, Bruno... don't worry..." I said. He smiles at me and nods his head. I can hear their conversation as we're not too far from them. I can hear Camilo's commenting about not having a house.

Look at this home
We need a new foundation
It may seem hopeless
But we'll get by just fine

Mirabel starts singing. They start to gather in front of her.

Look at this family,
a glowing constellation
So full of stars
and everybody wants to shine

But the stars don't shine, they burn
And the constellations shift
I think it's time you learn
You're more than just your gift

Mirabel helps Luisa who's struggling to get a piece of Casita upright. Senora walks up to them.

And I'm sorry I held on too tight
Just so afraid I'd lose you too
The miracle is not some magic that you've got
The miracle is you, not some gift, just you
The miracle is you
All of you, all of you

Senora sings. Bruno gently pulls me along as he walks up to them. Julieta and Pepa gasp at the sight of their brother.

Okay, so we gonna talk about Bruno?
That's Bruno

Camilo looks so confused. As he stares at Bruno. I just let out a giggle. Bruno nods his head.

Yeah there's a lot to say about Bruno
I'll start! Okay!!

Pepa, I'm sorry 'bout your wedding, didn't mean to be upsetting
That wasn't a prophecy, I could just see you were sweating
And I wanted you to know that your bro loves you so
Let it in, let it out, let it rain, let it snow, let it go

Felix lets out a laugh as he pulls his wife closer. I just smile at the sight. I'm so happy to see they finally got along. This family will be fine.

I can hear voices out of Casita. I walk towards the once door of Casita to see everyone in town. They start to sing as they walk towards us. Each of them holding a tool. Everyone is going to work together in rebuilding Casita.

A Few Days Later

Today will be a celebration. Casita is finally rebuilt. It may not be the same as it was once before. But it's more than enough.

"We made this one for you..." Antonio said, handing a door knob to Mirabel. She looks around with teary eyes. She turns to me, making me smile softly. I walk towards her and gently wipe a tear.

"You're the real gift, kid" Bruno said. "You're all this family needs, Mirabel. Let us in..." I said, caressing her hair. She smiles and hugs me. I smile and hugs her back.

"Open your eyes... what do you see?" Senora said. "I see me... all of me..." she said. She turns to the door and gently place the door knob on the hole.

A glow appear and it spreads across the town. Casita starts to move and the window wave at us. I let out a breathy laugh as I grin happily. The miracle is saved!

*to be continued*