Three

The air was starting to turn colder as winter approached, the sky was an eerie grey and light snow flurries were beginning to fall from the heavy cloud cover

The snow was starting to cover the walkway to the quidditch field and the sound of the crunching under my feet relaxed me as I fell into a rhythm.

My cream, waffle knitted sweater was doing its best to keep my upper body warm and my tan overalls were thankfully doing their job to keep my legs warm as well. I stupidly left my jacket and scarf in my dorm but I was already late so I was hurrying as fast as I could before the game started.

It was Gryffindor vs Slytherin and I think I would die before I missed it. Everyone was going, the excitement bubbling inside them as tensions built throughout the week between the two houses.

I shiver, my teeth beginning to chatter, as I enter the quidditch arena. The air was electrifying and the students and teachers were bustling around without care or worry.

I wrap my arms around myself, looking for Susan or Cedric in the stands when I see the Slytherin team emerging from their locker room.

Seeing Draco's scowling face, I decide to continue with my plan to make him my friend. It was going decent so far and he only threw away my homemade cookies once so that was a good sign. He took the second batch with reluctance but I swear I saw him sneak two during supper that night.

No one, not even Draco, can resist my white chocolate raspberry cookies. Not one soul.

"Draco!" I wave, walking towards him and I try not to let it hurt me as he scans my body and his frown deepens. "Hey, good luck today. You're gonna do great-"

"Are you actually this stupid or is this a joke at this point? I honestly can't tell," he seems angry as he steps towards me and I try to figure out what I could've said or done to receive that reaction.

"I'm sorry? I was just- Whoa!"

He grabs my wrist, swiftly turning on his heel and begins to stomp back towards the locker rooms, mumbling the whole time, "Stupid, stupid girl. Why the fuck—?! So stupid."

"Where are we going? The game is about to start," I frown as we enter the room and he yanks his locker open, starting to search through it frantically.

"I don't know why the fuck-" I flinch as he slams the locker shut, finding what he was looking for. "-you decide to come out of your dorm without a damn jacket. It's bloody snowing for Merlin's sake!" He shocks me by - somehow rather aggressively - wrapping his scarf around my neck, the dark green contrasting against my yellows and beiges.

"But, of course, I have to worry about you freezing to death in the middle of the biggest game of the year!" My mouth opens and closes as he somehow forces his jacket up my arms and around my body, swiftly zipping it up to my neck. "Stupid..." he pauses his rant, looking to my almost tearful eyes. "Stupid girl," he finishes in a whisper, reaching up to fix the scarf better.