3

Your P.O.V.

"I don't see the need why I should accompany you in finding that prick." I whined.

We were already far from the center, where all our units were located. We kept on walking and this angel here seems to be persistent in finding him.

"Don't call him a prick, he's innocent." she said.

"Yeah, yeah. Innocent my ass, why would he even go here?" I asked.

"Oh I don't know, why don't you ask him that when we finally find him because you kept quiet and helped me in looking for him!" she stopped to look back at me, her eyes turning blue and her hand clenched into fists on her side.

I was stunned. This was the first time that I saw an angel's eyes turn into blue. It was beautiful, she is beautiful but she's very mad at me right now.

"Okay, sorry. Sheesh, you're too hot-headed for an angel." I apologized and looked away.

"When will you stop describing what an angel should and shouldn't be?" she asked, genuinely being annoyed.

"Okay, I'll really stop with that. If you just tell me everything you know about this man so that we could find him quick and get this over with." I suggested.

Her expression seemed to have relaxed a bit then she sighed. It was quiet between us for a few minutes and I just let her be, I don't want to annoy an angel more because you don't wanna know what happens.

"They said he had a lover down here. They died together and were probably expecting to meet again, but turns out one was a sinner." she calmly explained.

I nodded my head lightly and thought of all the sinners that I had passed by today.

"Then shouldn't we be looking at all the units where all the sinners are imprisoned?" I asked her.

"I'll leave those for the other angels to look at. I just thought that maybe they knew that we were going to find them, so they escaped the units." she answered.

"How could they escape? Demons like me wouldn't let them--"

"They love each other, you fool." she said.

I was trying to sink in what she said, not realizing that we were already on our second staring contest. But this time, she didn't look as mad as she did earlier.

"So what if they do? Things like 'love' doesn't exist here." I stated.

I expected her to talk back and give me another reason, but she just kept her mouth shut and stared at me.

I felt intimidated, but it also felt like she was exploring my soul with just her eyes.

"What?" I waved a hand in front of her, which successfully put her gaze away from me.

"Sorry. It just happens." she murmured.

"What happens? You staring into someone's soul, looking like you would suck them out any moment?" I joked.

Well, looks like she didn't take my joke lightly.

"Look here, demon. I am serious about this and if you're not, I would have to kick you a few times to make sure you're just as serious as I am." she threatened.

I pursed my lips together and nodded my head. Then she turned around and was supposed to start walking, but I grabbed her hand.

"Hey, uh, instead of calling me demon you can call me by my name." I offered.

She glanced down at my hand then looked back into my eyes. Before she can refuse or say anything, I held out a hand to initiate a formal introduction.

"I'm Y/n. And you are?" I greeted.