7

Sumin's P.O.V.

The deeper we went down, the darker our surroundings turned. But after what we had back there, I felt more safe and warm.

"What will you do once we find him?" Y/n asked me.

Our hands were intertwined and I can't help but smile, as if we weren't on our way to meet the devil.

"Well, I'll bring him back to heaven where he's supposed to be." I answered.

"What about his lover? I thought you wanted them together?" she asked again.

I thought about it for a while. It was my mission to bring him back, and although I wanted him, or the both of them to be happy, I wasn't in the right place to do something.

"I guess she'll just stay down here." I sighed.

I felt her hand suddenly tighten its grip on mine, so I looked at her and started to worry when I saw the expression on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

But then in a second, she put up a small smile and nodded her head as she looked at me.

"Nothing." she replied.

I tried to just brush it off, but my gut was trying to tell me something.

After a few minutes of walking, we stopped as soon as this tall gate stood in front of us. I guessed that this was the devil's lair, and without even thinking chills were sent down my body.

"We're here." Y/n said.

She hesitantly placed her hand on the gate, looking at me before moving to ask for assurance.

"Let's go." I nodded.

The gate creaked as we opened it wide enough for the two of us to enter. I didn't really know what the gate was for. It wasn't pitch black, but I can't see anything that indicated someone was here.

But we continued walking anyway. I trusted Y/n, and I was desperate in finding this man so I just followed.

"Are we really here? There's nothi--"

I got cut off when I finally caught a glimpse of the throne where the devil sat. I tried not to gasp, but I felt like crying in fear as soon as I saw him.

"Master." Y/n greeted.

He was sitting on this spacious chair, but his height can be obviously seen by how his legs were long. There was this dark aura that surrounded him and his face...

All my life I thought that the devil had this dark skin, or that maybe his skin was red. But it was the exact opposite.

He was scarily white. His dark red eyes compliments his eerily white complexion and his long hair almost covers his whole face.

"What is your purpose here?" his deep voice immediately sent shivers down my spine, and it felt like I was haunted by his gaze.

"We're here to find someo--"

"You finally came."

Y/n was cut off by a voice. Then from the dark shadows, a tall girl appeared with her arms crossed and a huge grin on her face.

From beside me, I felt Y/n's body tense up. I couldn't mutter a single word, and I can't make a single move.

"And, you brought an angel." the girl spoke as her eyes turned to me.

The sound of her heels clicking with the ground was echoing, and obviously this girl didn't look like the type you'd mess with.

She stopped walking a few feet away from me and Y/n. She stared at me up and down as if I was being judged, and I felt like I was sweating so much from fear and anxiety.