Halloween

••••••••Lati••••••••

"Fuck twelve!!"

The guy who had just shouted had a disrupted, cheap police uniform on; his Halloween costume. His shirt was wide open, displaying the shitty drawing of a pig with crossed out eyes inked on his torso with sharpie. The surrounding people cheered him on while he tossed back a bottle of liquor cheaper than his costume.

College was a beautiful place, truly.

I cheered and clapped along, shoving the remaining piece of cupcake in my mouth. It was surprising that we got away with throwing a party on campus. Even some professors were here. This was absolutely illegal.

I went for a bratz character, couldn't go wrong there. I wore a black leather tube top with pink seams and pants to match. Of course, the diamonds in my dangling earrings and littering across my body were fake- but that was no one's business.

A part of me wanted to have a few drinks and let loose, the better part knew that would not be a good move on my end. If I wanted to show up for my exam in one piece tomorrow, sober was the only option.

Suddenly, college wasn't such a beautiful place.

I turned my face towards the sky, reveling in the crisp, cool air that filled my lungs. Music blasted and colorful lights mocked the twinkling stars.

My top priority at this party was to keep my makeup intact and flawless. With the amount I was eating, that was proving to be a challenge on the lipstick. I tossed a few pieces of candy corn into my mouth, sitting on the ledge of the fountain.

"Heaven!" I leisurely looked towards my friend as she forced her way through the group of shirtless football players. Those guys were so full of their selves that they came to a Halloween party as their own team. Body paint and sweat in tights, that's what they were.

Parker got to me as quickly as she could. A jealous itch sat on me at how comfortable her 'costume' was. A literal onesie. A purple care bear. She had her brunette hair wrapped up in two space buns that served as ears.

"Tough trip to the bathroom?" I ate another candy corn.

"Holy hell," Parker started, turning to look back over her shoulder with an anxious twist. "You- oh my god! I swear, I just saw the hottest guy ever to exist," she exasperated, taking a seat next to me. "You have to see it."

"Well, 'It' is going to have to wait," I replied, toasting to her with a few pieces of candy corn. "I'm too sober and don't have enough candy, I couldn't care less right now."

Honestly, I had been a horny mess lately. It made me extra cranky these days.

"Yeah, yeah," she sarcastically mocked. "Don't listen to me then, the man is a sin himself. It's not everyday you get a hot Lucifer on campus."

"There are plenty of hot guys here, I'm sure I'll live," I assured with a sarcastic smile of my own, glancing around the party.

Parker deadpanned at me, blinking a few times that were too loud to be considered blinks. "No, you will not be fine. Heaven, this one is a sin. A literal sin."

"I'm sure he is," was my dry reply. "Where's Cody?"

Cody was her boyfriend, and my childhood best friend. We had all become pretty close over the years.

"I don't freaking know, probably table pong," she rushed out. She grunted and scrunched her nose, gluing her hands over her face. "The devil is a lie, I shall not cheat."

I cracked a smile, she was ridiculous sometimes. "That hot, huh?"

She nodded with confirmation. "Very. I need a drink— or an edible. I swear, if Cody doesn't fuck me ton-"