ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ - ᴄᴀʟᴜᴍ - ᴀʟʟ ʜᴏᴍᴏᴘʜᴏʙᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴀʏ

song of the chapter

Youngblood – 5sos

11 | Calum | all homophobes are gay

Saturday

By the time the friends arrived at Luke's house, the party had already started. Loud music was echoing through the streets, making the silence of the night a little more interesting. Calum carried a big smile on his face when he got out of the car and observed the house that was right in front of his nose.

Through the windows he could see all different colours blinking and saw one teenager after another dancing to the upbeat music. He had missed this. Ever since the quarantine had ended, he treasured simple things like going out and celebrating for no specific reason even more.

Sometimes you just needed to lose something to notice its worth.

But Calum was ready. He was wide awake and more than just excited to get inside his best friend's house and just have fun. The others too, smirked as they all entered.

It didn't even take them a minute until they were carrying cups filled with some alcoholic beverage. They didn't even know what drink they were given, but just drank it. It tasted sweet, maybe some pineapple?

Only moments later Calum found himself floating on the dancefloor, Maureen next to him. He was still not over how pretty she looked that evening, over how pretty she looked every time he saw her, but he knew he had to stop thinking about her in that way. After all, he was here to party there were a lot more pretty girls than just Maureen.

But ever since Thursday, he couldn't stop thinking about her and the conversation they had in the park. On one hand he felt bad for leaving her like that and wanted nothing more than to go back in time and continue talking to her, but on the other hand he didn't want to make a fool out of himself either.

Everything just to get her out of his mind.

Songs after songs played and by now Calum was sure he was a little bit tipsy.

He usually never drank. It was a habit he had created in order to be there for Luke when he was drowning himself in a bottle of tequila again. He had always felt like he had to stay sober to get his best friend home safe.

But things had changed. For one, Luke was already home and two, even if he wasn't, he had Jade now who would take care of him. No matter how much it upset him, he could at least try to get the best out of it.

So for the first time in his life, Calum let himself go and took more than just a sip. So far he enjoyed it, even though the world started spinning around his head.