ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ - ᴊᴀᴅᴇ - ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ʀᴏᴄᴋꜱ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ ᴀᴛ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ

Songs of the chapter

wrapped around your finger – 5sos

stay – 5sos version

32 | Jade | throwing rocks at your window at midnight

Saturday

Jade ran. Fast. All she wanted to do was get away from home and never come back. How could it be that over the last week her whole life had made a one-eighty?

At first things with Luke were going kind of weird and now her parents told her that the one thing that had always been the source of her strength, her family, was just over like that. It wasn't fair.

Why couldn't her parents just work for their problems? Didn't they think of their children at all? She and Luke have had problems too and they also managed to get through them, so why couldn't they just do it for them as well?

She just ran, not being able to bring her head to shut up and then, it started to rain, but she didn't care. She didn't care if she would get sick, her life was shitty already. She just kept running, the water washing off all of her tears.

By the time tiredness had overrun her and she finally turned back home, the rain had already evolved into a big thunderstorm.

She threw the front door open. Ignoring that she was soaking wet and would leave a trail, she marched in. Her Mom was sitting in the living room, tears in her eyes and hands that were shaking.

"Jade, I was so worried for-"

But Jade cut her off: "I'm not talking to you", she said coldly. Any form of life was missing from her. She didn't even spare her a glance but just rushed upstairs into her room where she threw herself onto her bed.

Still in her wet clothes and several strands of hair sticking to her face, she cried herself to sleep and dreamt of nothing.

Clack, clack, clack

Jade shot up. What was that? The clacking continued. Jade looked around, it came from her window. Walked over to see what it was. It was still raining, but by far not as much for it to make such a noise.

Clack, clack, clack

Her hands grabbed the window, pulling it up to get a glance at what was outside. The cool air blew over her clothes that were still wet. She shivered.

"Jade...", she heard.

Her glance wandered down, discovering a blond boy who was just as soaked as Jade had been when she had gotten home.

Under different circumstances, Jade would've found it cute to see her boyfriend visiting her in the middle of the night, romantic even. But this wasn't out of a romance book, where the boy had planned something cute for his girlfriend. This was Luke who had gotten drunk again and had now gone to see his girlfriend to get some support.