Chapter 10 - Avoiding

No Ones POV

"So what do we do about her?" Midnight asked, they had all sat there in silence, no one daring to break it, but the quiet atmosphere had bothered her and she knew everyone had the same question.

Silence engulfed the room again, no one knowing what to do if they did encounter the girl again. If she'd been able to escape without anyone seeing as well as not get harmed by a powerful punch, then what else was she capable of?

"I don't know, but we'll cross that bridge when we cross it," Toshinori whispered, pushing his chair back and leaving the meeting room, the newspapers in his hand.

Everyone's eyes followed Toshinori and until he left was when they spoke again.

"They were about her, weren't they?" Midnight whispered, swallowing the knot that had formed in her throat.

When the Detective and Snipe nodded in response, they all seemed to look at the door sadly, a pained look in their face.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Stopping in front of the door, his hand hovered over the door knob, hesitant to open the door that would allow him to see his co-worker. His head dropped down and he sighed before grasping the door knob and swinging the door open. The door creaked, alerting the figure on the bed of his entrance. 

He tensed slightly, the door closed behind whoever entered, but once he heard the light footsteps and the voice saying "hello" softly he knew he needn't fret. His eyes were covered in bandages due to the injuries he sustained during the USJ attack, along with his torso and arms and his head.

"Why so gloomy?" He questioned, turning his head towards the direction he heard Toshinori sit down at.

There was a moment of utter silence, until a sigh left the blondes lips and the skinny man rested his elbows on his knees and his head fell into his hands.

"Do you ever wish that she was here?" He whispered, "That everything that happened didn't happen?"

Oh. So that was why he was so gloomy. It was a difficult subject for the raven haired man, one that he constantly tried to avoid no matter what. He preferred not speaking of her, the mere subject made it hard for him to breathe and memories to come speeding towards him like a train. But no matter how hard he tried to evade it, it always seemed to find a way to come up.

"You know that I do," he stated, head looking forward and towards the white wall that was a few feet away from the hospital bed, "Why?"

"Snipe...found something, newspapers to be exact, the girl at the USJ attack left them. They're a few years old, but they're about you and some of them have her included." He responded, it had been like a punch to the stomach when he'd seen them, he'd gotten the wind knocked out of him by the mere sight of the images that were printed below the headlines.

Noticing that the ravenette wasn't going to say something about it, he exhaled loudly and sat down straight, his arms were now lifted so they were perched on the armrests of the chair.

"I know this is a hard topic for you, it's hard for me as well, but Tsukauchi thinks that whoever is under that mask that attacked in the USJ, has some grudge against you and they brought her into the picture again." Aizawa didn't answer, didn't whisper, he just sat in silence making Toshinori continue talking, "I just came here to let you know and to see how you're doing. I need to go now Aizawa, I'll see you soon."

With that Toshinori lifted himself up and walked towards the door, opening and closing it. Leaving Aizawa alone in the hospital room, alone to his thoughts that kept replaying memories of him and her together.

It was just so bloody hard to stop the memories, to forget them and put up a wall to stop them from causing so much damage and resurface painful memories of her.

But it's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.

————————————————————————

It's a bit on the short side, so sorry about that

First chapter of 2022! 

I decided to update the story due to rainydays0638 and because we're almost at 2k!!

Wish you all a wonderful day!