CHAPTER 6 : HALF TRUTH (2)

King Dhritrashtra's POV :

          The moment i got to know that Chandrika is the one , i couldn't control my anger and my will to kill her then and there . But the truth at the present can't be ignored. Yes , I've taken her as my daughter . And the sin of killing a daughter.....no , i can't do it.
Hey ! Narayana What kind of  maze did i stuck myself into .
Even Pitamaha says that he'll protect her at any cost . But that doesn't hides the amount of danger she might bring if i .....if i want to get what i want.
What I've desired my whole life . No one  knows about it , No one.
Why can't a king want something for his own ! Why does he need to always think about the kingdom , the people .
And now , for the daughter i just adopted .

"I have a solution for that " i heard Pitamaha say in a low tone.

What?? What solution can he have for it , Nevertheless , he's my elder , i should listen to him , may be he'll be able to give a satisfactory solution.

"About Princess's real identity only we two know about it "

"Are u trying to say.........."

"Yes king , We won't let anyone , not even herself , know about her  identity , nor would anyone know that she is adopted "

If the truth about her is being hidden , then ofcourse there won't be a problem . If she doesn't know about her birth , about her blood , about what i did ,
then Yes , we can avoid the mishap.
But won't it be a lie??....

Pitamaha then explained to me , that no it's not a lie , Rather it's just ' Half truth' .

I do feel embarassed how i misunderstood him , he was the one who taught me dharma , how could he possibly ask me to lie.
I pushed the thoughts behind
There was something much more important that needed our attention .

Yes ! The questions arising from my people that needs to be answered by me.
The questions about the child that i just adopted as my daughter.
The answer to which will be a 'Half truth'...

"Please continue Pitamaha ...how do we answer the crowd ? "

Pitamaha quickly briefed me about the plan .
I did agree to every part of it.
That's it .

" Then Pitamaha , please do me the favour of  informing my subjects that , Tomorrow early morning , I'll be adressing them  "

" Sure , my king " he replied.

✨ Next Morning ✨

      The cool breeze flew through the palace doors , the sun waking us up for a new beginning ,
Today i am supposed to address my people and introduce to them their new Princess.
Ofcourse the plan was tricky and every word coming out of my mouth will be judged , hence i need to be very careful with the choice of words.

"Pitamaha is everything ready?"
I asked

"Yes , the subjects are waiting , i hope you have prepared yourself my king "

I nodded . I've deeply thought about the matters being presented and how a half truth can be fabricated out of it.
My words are choosen by me wisely .
I'm prepared.

We slowly walked to the Main Palace balcony , from where i was to address them.
There my other officials were calmly waiting for me to arrive .

"Pitamaha , why is Maharani not here ?  You informed her about it Right? " 
The crowd here assembled so that i could introduce the Princess.
And she herself hasn't arrived.

" Ji Maharaj , i informed her , she must be arriving " he replied

Then suddenly the sound of anklet reached my ears  . There she is , my queen. She must be coming from behind along with Chandrika.