Cinque

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not"

🐾

^^Louis's house

TW: Abuse

"Mumma?!" Louis called out the second he got inside his house.

The boy called out for his mum once again. He checked the kitchen thinking that she would be cooking dinner, but instead, he saw his mother staring blankly at a now cold cup of tea.

"Mumma?..."
"Where have you been, Louis?..."
"I was-"
"You know I was so worried about you, you know?"
"I'm sorry mumma."

The gears were turning in Louis's head. He knew something was about to happen but his mind couldn't exactly comprehend what it was.

"Where were you Louis?..." Jay asked once again, slightly trailing off at the end of her sentence.

"I went to the café with my friends. They're really nice!"

The older of the two rose up from where she was seated and began to approach Louis. The poor boy felt like freezing. So he did just that.

"Friends? What are those? Friends..."

Jay was now directly in front of Louis, hovering over him by just a few inches. The two stood in silence for about a minute.

Smack

The sound rang in Louis's ears and his head whipped to the side. The short boy stood there for up to 10 minutes. Jay was now gone and Louis began to cry. He cries so hard that he thought his eyes would burn out.

That is the loving mother Louis has to come home to.

✿✿✿

It had been about 20 minutes and Louis was still on the floor. Only, he wasn't crying, nor was he smiling. The boy was so caught up in his own world that he didn't notice his mum enter the kitchen.

Jay kneeled down and whispered into Louis's ear.

"Go to bed."

Louis looked at his mum for a few seconds before getting up and taking Jay up with him. 

"I only did what I did because I love you and I only want to keep you safe..."

"I know mumma." Louis looked into his mother's eyes. "They're really nice people though, mumma. They take care of me and protect me.

No response.

Louis sighed and kissed him mother's cheek, wishing her goodnight before running off to his bedroom.  

The Doncaster boy got changed into his pastel pink night gown and prepared himself for yet another sleepless night. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear his sister, Fizzy, enter his room.

"Hey Lou..." She says, walking over to her brother's bed.

Louis turned over to her and looked her blankly "Hey."

"She hit you again."

"Indeed."

"It hurt..."

"Statement of a fact."

"Do you know why she does it?"

"Obviously not."

"Do you want me to-"

"Spit it out."

"Huh?"

"Spit.It.Out." Louis turned his attention from the pearly white wall to his sister, who was currently sitting on his bed. Out of all Louis's siblings, he felt closest to Fizzy. The feeling was mutual. Neither of them knew why they were so close but they just were.

"Well... I was wondering if we could have a day out. Just you and me doing whatever we want. No mum, no dad, no siblings just us. What do you say?" The girl, who was nearly identical to her brother, asked hopefully.

Louis stared at Fizzy is shock before breaking out into a grin.

"Of course I'd want to hang out with you!"

"Really? Ok so I was thinking maybe this weekend?"

"Sounds great Fiz!"

"Good. Now. I gotta get some sleep, you should too."

Louis sighs at the word 'sleep'. He has insomnia and on most nights, struggles to sleep.

"Love you Fiz. Goodnight."

"Night Lou."

And with that, she kissed her beloved brother and left his room. Along with the boy she loves most with his thoughts.

✿✿✿

After hours of watching the clock ticking and the hour and minute hand moving, Louis looked out of the window and saw that it was beginning to become bright. He sighed and decided it was time to get out of bed.

Reluctantly, he climbed out of his comfortable and warm bed and trudged downstairs. The stairs were quit creaky but Louis didn't pay any attention to that. 

It's become a routine for him. Staying awake most nights. Getting up when he sees just a peak of light. Going downstairs to get water. He likes it that way. He doesn't like it very much when things aren't the way they should be. If his routine wasn't the way Louis liked it, he would become quite agitated. 

Have you had a cup of water Louis?

His step dad, Mark, always asked Louis that question.

Have you gone to the toilet Louis?

Have your grades gone up Louis?

Have you been sleeping on time Louis?

I expect you to do better next time Louis.

Expectations. All the expectations were too much for the poor boy to handle. 

He rocked back and fourth on his heels while he drank water. Causing some of the liquid to pour on him. He really didn't like the feeling of water in his clothes so he tiredly went back up the creaky stairs. Again, not paying any mind to the people that could have possibly heard. They should all be use to it by now anyway.

When he got back into his room, he changed into a new pyjama top. Well. He tried to change into it. See, Louis tends to get stuck in his clothes sometimes so it takes him a little while to get changed on his own.

"Hehehe! I'm blinded!"

 After about 3 minutes of trying to get the top around his head and untangle the sleeves from his arms, he was finally able to find his way out of the damned top. It had cute cotton clouds on them and a small pastel pink and blue train in the middle of them.

He laid in bed staring at the horizon.

Cracking his knuckles every once in a while.

Total silence. 

Just the way he liked it.

He looked over at his digital clock and saw that he still had about 2 hours until he had to get ready for school. So he cutely giggled before attempting to get some sleep .

✿✿✿