Chapter 84: Attraction

Denki grinned and shot finger guns at his assigned partner, "Hey hot stuff! We're gonna rock this, right?"

Jiro just looked at him like he was an idiot, which of course was the optimal reaction to a dumb pun like that, "Of all the jokes you could have gone with, it was a rock joke?"

"Well, you've the whole punk aesthetic going on." Denki shrugged. "So how do you want to do this? I'm a close range fighter, by the way. If I can't get in contact with my opponent, my electricity is probably just gonna go everywhere and hurt anyone around, sorry."

"Good to know." Jiro frowned in concentration. "I'll be able to find them pretty easily. My earphone jacks are pretty good at picking up small sounds and all that, so if I plug them into the wall, I can tell you what room they're in and then we can go after them together, deal?"

Denki grinned, "Sounds like a plan! Let's rock this!"

Jiro glared at him, "I will hand you over to the villains."

"Aww, that'd definately put a riff between us." Denki said dramatically. "Can't you hear my heart breaking, Jiro?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Are you done?"

Denki hesitated for a moment, "Do I have an alternative?"

Jiro groaned, "Kaminari, I swear to god..."

"Fine, I'm done!" Denki raised his hands in surrender. "I'm done. No more dumb puns."

Jiro glared at him suspiciously, "You're totally gonna break that promise, aren't you?"

"Probably." Denki agreed easily. He tilted his head to listen when he heard All Might announce the start of the match. "Alright! Let's do this thing!"

Jiro rolled her eyes and shook her head, but took the lead as they finally entered the building. He followed along as silently as he could, but those lessons had always been more difficult than the ones about fighting. Izuku made stealth look easy, but Denki was just loud. He wouldn't be able to survive as a stealth hero.

He stopped when Jiro crouched down and jammed her earphone jack into the wall. She listened for a moment before whispering, "Third floor, northwest corner. They're barricading themselves in, if I'm hearing right. Metal slats. Those're gonna be a pain to bust through."

Denki cocked his eyebrow and coated his hand with electricity, "Are you sure? I hope they're smart enough to stand away from the door, at least."

Jiro smirked and gestured for him to lead the way. Denki smiled and tried to be as silent as he could as they made their way upstairs. When they reached the correct room, Jiro nodded and Denki gestured for her to stand back as he leaned down and reached his hand through the crack under the door, smirking when he touched the metal Yaomomo had made to block it.

And then everything started going wrong.

He meant to put just enough electricity out to stun anyone who happened to be touching the metal, but the moment he activated his quirk, energy started pouring out faster than he was able to stop it and Denki panicked. He had no idea how much electricity One for All was capable of producing, but even without it, he could potentially produce enough electricity to kill someone if he wasn't careful. Immediately, he tried to stop the energy from flowing out, but it wouldn't stop flowing and all he managed to do was wrap it around himself, which would have been freaky enough if the half the wall hadn't suddenly torn itself out of the floor and launched itself at him.

He heard four people scream, including himself apparently, as he all of a sudden found himself pinned to the opposite wall. He could hardly breathe as a layer of wood, concrete and metal pressed against him. Who was doing this? Did anyone here have a telekinesis quirk? No, Jiro's quirk enhanced her hearing, Mineta's made him stick to things, and Yaoyorozu could create stuff. No one's quirk should be able to make the metal attack him like he was a giant...