Chapter 93: Hospital

Five sighed heavily, "Kid, I thought you said you didn't come here often."

"I..." Denki leaned over as he started coughing again. "This is a mental space, why am I..."

"Your brain still knows you drowned." Seven came up and started patting his back. "And seriously Five? The kid almost died! Can't you cut him a little slack?!"

Five rolled his eyes. "Come on, it's just a little water!"

"It was in his lungs! It was not just a little water!" Seven said indignantly.

"Um...I'm alive, right? Like, we'd definitely know if I was dead?" Denki asked hesitantly. "Because you guys are kinda like ghosts already, so if I died, would I just stay here, or would this disappear since this is my brain?"

The vestiges looked at each other for a long moment before two shrugged, "No idea. We always get passed on before the holder's death, so we don't really know what happens, but we're fairly certain that you are currently alive."

Denki took a deep breath, "Ok, cool...well, that was kinda intense."

Five snorted, "What? You weren't expecting to be attacked by villains during class?"

"You did well despite that." Eight, All Might, smiled proudly. "You're mastering One for All very quickly."

"Yeah, you are." Four gave him a pat on the back. "We were impressed when you figured out repulsion. You really sent that kid flying."

Denki winced, "I really hope he's alright...I'm gonna need to practice a lot more. I should hang out with Izuku later. I mean, I told him about the magnetism, but with school and everything, we haven't had time to experiment. I'm sure he'll have all sorts of ideas that'll help me control it better though!"

When no one said anything, he looked up to see the vestiges having a silent conversion through heavy looks, "Um...guys? It's kinda my head, it's not really polite to keep me out of the loop!"

They exchanged another heavy look before One frowned slightly, "How much are you planning on telling him about the attack?"

"Um..." Denki thought for a moment. "Well, I was planning on telling him about the repulsion...but I'm sure there's probably some things that the police will want me to keep to myself, not that...well, I mean, he's not even supposed to know about One for All, and you know how well that's working out!"

"He was one of the reasons you were so hesitant to accept it, wasn't he?" Six asked. "He's the one who told you about the risks of accepting."

Denki chuckled awkwardly, "Yeah, he's like super smart, especially about quirks and stuff, so I tried bringing it up as, like, a funny hypothetical, but he panicked and thought I was being targeted by villains! It was kinda hilarious, once it all got cleared up."

"Yeah, well, the kid's got guts." Five grinned. "It takes some balls to take on..."

"Five!" Two growled harshly. "Not our place, let the kid figure it out himself."

Five held his hands up in surrender, "Hey, I'm just saying it's pretty cool, alright?"

"Um...guys?" Denki waved. "Again, no inside jokes in my head?"

"Sorry." Seven smiled kindly. "But Izuku's a good kid. I think you should trust him."

"I do." Denki said. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Because he's terrifying." Eight shivered. "But he cares for you."

"And he knows what he's doing." One added. "You've learned things from him about One for All that we would never have considered, even those of us who've been here since the beginning."