Chapter 111: Semi-finals

Denki cracked his knuckles as he grinned at Uraraka, "As much as I'd like to let a pretty girl make me float away, I'm kinda gonna have to stay grounded. Nothing personal."

Uraraka rolled her eyes, "I'm sure, just like it'll be nothing personal when I float you right out of the ring."

Denki's grin got a bit wider and he glanced over toward Cementoss, who should have already called the start of the match already. What was taking so long? Denki's smile fell when he realized that Cementoss wasn't looking at them. He was focused on listening to his comms and if Denki didn't know better, he'd say that Cementoss was worried about something.

After another moment, Cementoss swallowed and took a deep breath as he turned to the crowd, "There will be a brief delay before the next match. Uraraka, Kaminari, come with me."

Denki and Uraraka looked at each other before hurrying after Cementoss into the tunnels. The crowd was already rumbling with mutters and whispered as people wondered what was going on and Denki was kinda in the same boat. This couldn't have anything to do with Izuku, they wouldn't have stopped the sports festival for a vigilante, but Izuku wouldn't have stopped fighting Queen Bee unless the fight was completely over and the hero killer fight was all the way in Hosu with Iida's brother.

"What's going on?" Uraraka asked once they were out of sight. "Kacchan said there might be a villain attack of some sort."

"There was, but it ended before the third round." Denki cut in. "Unless there's another one?"

Cementoss sighed, "The villain factory, or the league of villains as you know them Uraraka, was attempting to retaliate against us for taking down one of their own. Both villains have been stopped, but...well, you'll see."

Cementoss picked up the pace, breaking into a jog and leading them through the maze of tunnels until they reached a seemingly normal hallway that was currently in complete chaos, "I'm here and I brought the kids. I figured their quirks would be useful."

Nedzu nodded, his fur on end, "Perfect. Kaminari, you can use your electricity to give others a second wind, correct? I observed you doing so during the entrance exam."

"Uh, kinda?" Denki responded nervously. "I mean, it's mostly for muscle soreness, but..."

"But it's worth a try." Rock Lock Grit out. "Use it on me, kid."

Denki's eyes widened, "Are you holding up a whole entire wall with your quirk?"

"Death arms is helping too." Aizawa explained. "But Shigaraki was desperate and that made his quirk spread faster than normal. We need to keep the wall in place for long enough to evacuate the student section right above us."

"Wait, our classmates are up there?!" Uraraka cried out. "Uh...I can help. I'll remove as much gravity as I can."

Nedzu nodded, "Good. Shirakumo, if you would be able to help her get high enough to be effective?"

A man with shadowy black hair that Denki didn't recognize nodded, "Sure...Uh, I'm not really sure my clouds support weight anymore, I'll have to figure that out later, but I can get her up there for sure."

Denki almost screamed as Shirakumo made a portal just like one of Kurogiri's, "Uh, I thought you arrested the villains."

"Nah, just took them down." Shinso said. "Kurogiri was being brainwashed, hence the weirdness. And if the whole thing with Rock Lock works, can you do something about my migraine."

Denki's mouth was dry, but he nodded as he ran toward Rock Lock, "I can try. Let's, uh, let's stop wasting time ok?"

He vaguely heard Uraraka double checking that the portals were safe, but Denki was too focused on using his quirk on Rock Lock, focusing on blocking the pain signals and hoping that would help with quirk exhaustion as well, "Ok, that's about all I know to do, is it better?"