~Chapter 15~

Quick note: The sentences and words in italics are Imani's specific thoughts. Enjoy!

Imani Elena Russo

Imani Elena Russo

Silence took over the car we now sat in, the little girl sleeping in the back of Andreas' car.

"I don't want to go home yet"

 He took his eyes off the road for a quick second, taking the time to look at me.

"Wh-"

"Please," I asked him again. 

He just nodded taking another left turn. 

I didn't know exactly where we were going, I just knew I couldn't go home now. 

He waited a little longer before speaking again, "You know we have to at least tell your family we found you right?" He asked his voice soft. 

I nod. 

I didn't want them to be afraid. I just needed to know more first.

So many things, questions specifically flooded my mind but I could only really only focus on one.

"You know I'm telling your family about this little job too." He told me. His eyes still focused on the road. Spreading himself in the driver's seat to make himself more comfortable. Seriousness painted his features, and his grip slightly tightened on the staring wheel. 

I finally looked in his direction, "no."

"If I can't help someone else is going to have to-" He furrowed his eyebrows continuing. I could see the anger start to radiate off his features. I could also tell Andreas refrained from yelling, trying his best not to wake the sleeping girl in the back seat. 

 "No" I repeated, cutting him off. My head started to pound again. The street lamps laminating the car as we drove.

"You're going to get yourself fucking kill yourself-"

My headache successfully continued to grow, his speaking not exactly helping the fact. 

My lack of sleep and food also starting kick in. 

Oh, fuck my life...

"Fine"

Andreas continued to speak a little longer not fully comprehending my words. 

"Andreas, I said fine," I repeated.

My words had finally shut him up. His facial features expressing the fact that he started taking my words in. 

fucking finally

I could feel his heated gaze soon start to linger on my face as I continued to look out of the tinted car window.

"Stop looking at me like that," I said meeting his gaze. The dark car thankfully masked the small red that covered my face.

His gaze lingered a little longer, a small smile playing on his face.