Chapter Two ~ Everything is Changing

Recap Year: 1994

The school year of '94 did not go well for any of the students in Hogwarts, one of their students had unexpectedly died and everyone hated their saviour, Harry Potter. Worse enough that one of his friends, a potential older brother, had died at his hands. Damaging thoughts entered his mind when he reached for the cup again and was transported back to the last challenge, the last place where Cedric truly had a smile on his face. Where the life in his eyes could be seen from all of the sweat and soot that clouded their eyes. The terror and rush of fear still clinged onto his body and he felt as if he couldn't breath. Worst of all, adults crowded around, shouting out congratulations without sparing the limped body that Harry brought, a glance. It was like Harry was always the spotlight and not even a dead body could challenge that. It wasn't until Harry forcefully raised up Cedric's limped arm with tears pooling into his eyes that Couch, Dumbledore, and Fudge noticed Cedric. The questions angrily poured out of their mouths and Harry could not keep up. Harry was at his limit and his magic knew that, reaching the top, Harry's magic apparition him to the Gryffindor's common room. With the great the Boy Who Lived luck, Hermione and Ron were the only ones in the whole room. Hermione was the first to notice Harry's bittersweet state.

"Harry!" She gasped as she dropped her book and ran up to him and scooped up the younger boy in her arms. Ron quickly followed in tow with her and surrounded his best friend, "Mate, what happened?" Hermione mentally scolded Ron for such a stupid question, but she knew not to bring it up. She let Harry cry in her arms, not caring about the tears staining her shirt. Ron's arm wrapped up against the two of them providing the warmth that Hermione lacked. The trio could have stayed there for minutes or hours but neither of them moved until Harry picked up his head and gave them a knowing look and opened his mouth, "Fuck...fuck fuck-fuck-fuck, the goddamn cup...the cup was a portkey. I told C-Cedric to take it....but he wanted us to go together and so we did. It led us to a graveyard?-Of some sorts and then all of the sudden there were curses being flinged left and right. Cedric pushed the both of us to the ground and then it happened......." Small sobs could be heard from Harry again and Ron and Hermione glanced at each other somberly. "Someone-probably Voldemort yelled out 'Avada Kedavra'.." Ron and Hermione flinched at the usage of his name but said nothing and let Harry continue, "and Cedric dropped down before either of us could realise what happened. It all happened so fast, Wormtail cutting his own arm off, Voldemort coming out of a cauldron and then the Death Eaters all cheered and laughed like it was the best thing in the world. When in fact it was not, my mind kept blocking out that Cedric was dead and the last thing I remember was grabbing his hand. Ron, 'Mione, his hand was so cold, his wrist went limp as I carried it and tried to get back with the cup." After his explanation, Harry looked the two in the eye which held the look of determination.

"Voldemort sent a warning and I am unfortunately the messenger."

Year: 1995

After Dolores Umbridge had 'stepped down' as the Defence Against Dark Arts professor, Harry's school year was looking up. Minus the blood quill used on him, Harry was feeling pretty lucky about this summer. He was able to speak with Sirius, which really helped him with everything that happened last year. Holding the dead body of Cedric Diggory was torture, but Sirius comforted him and told him that it was okay to grief. He didn't make fun of Harry for crying or acting too much of a wuss, Sirius just held Harry and whispered into his hair that everything was going to be okay. Sirius was the father figure that Harry never had and he was damn sure that he was going to hold on to that.

Harry packed his trunk with all his clothes and spelled his Yule day gifts from Hermione and Ron to shrink, so they would fit. After he felt contempt with everything, he carefully placed his wand in the middle and layered one of his old jumpers on top and slammed the trunk close. So focused with what he was doing, he didn't notice someone walking up behind him and clamping their hand on his shoulder, causing him to jump, "What the fuck!"