Chapter Four ~ Absolutely Not.

Year: 1995

It felt as if the room had been frozen in place. Ron's face dropped and paled as white as a sheet when he stared at his Potions professor and his spirits raised as he stared at his former Defense Against Dark Arts professor as well. The taller man had long lanky hair, and was wearing a faded 'Black Stabbath' along with dark jean shorts that reached up until his knees, in which his feet were clad with worn out black converse. The one next to him had a plain white t-shirt and light jean shorts along with beige flip-flops.

Before anyone could say anything, Severus opened his arms up and Evan came running into him, "DADDY!" He yelled as Severus placed him on his right hip. Remus smiled and rustled a hand through Evan's hair, and turned around while clapping his hands (still carrying the chinese food), "Now let's head into the dining room so we can answer your questions. And Ron? Try not to lose your head and keep your tongue to yourself if you may." Ron's face flushed up but nodded in agreement regardless.

Remus smiled again and led the small crowd into their dining room which also happened to be their half kitchen. Completed with the muggle basics, classic refrigerator in the corner near a small window and then a long counter space that had a sink and dishwasher. Then a microwave and toaster were placed on the other side with cabinets taking over most of the wall space. There was a huge open doorway in which the long dining room table, which seemed to fit at least ten people, however today they would have to squeeze together within the table.

"Also I would like to apologise about the lack of options for dinner, Sev and I didn't know what everyone liked." Remus sheepishly said as he set the food down and waved his hand for the plates and glasses to float on the table. Severus had struggled to get Evan into his high chair, but finally the younger boy settled down and giggled as Severus nudged his head. "Daddy!" Evan laughed and Severus' eyes lit up with amusement as he went to take his seat at the head of the table. Everyone else took that as cue to sit down as well, River sat down to the left of Severus with Bailey across her.

The others filled out the rest of the table with the Golden Trio clustered together and the rest of the Wealseys spread out together. Remus came back with the food trailing behind him and him balancing a couple of plates in his hands. Coming over the table, Severus waved his hand and everything got set properly once more. Everyone took what they thought looked good and settled down into the silence, "So." River started off as she twirled her noodles around on her plate.

"How was your day?" Remus asked with a twitchy smile and stuffed an egg roll into his mouth, Eden looked at him with a pointed look and rolled her eyes, "My day was fulfilling, nothing beats the day than having to babysit! Truly." However, Eden's tone made them want to think differently. The sides of Severus' mouth twitched up and his eyes held a sense of amusement. "Darling, I am quite sure that the Weasleys and children do not care for such affirmations."

"Shush. Bailey, what were you up to today?" Remus continued as he ignored his husband with a smile.

"Mm well went over to Alfie's and got the beauty taken care of. Visited Ash before she left for her week trip and then popped over to River's train and picked up the gang. Nothing special." Bailey said as she shoved a dumpling into her mouth.

"Oh that's right! How is Ashley? You haven't brought her over in a hot minute." River asked with a sly smile, "Right? It's not like you would bring her over to the house without anyone home...or even have a party."

"Ouch!" River called out as she glared at Bailey who glared right back, "Shut up, you bitch."

"I'm a bitch? You literally told Ivy what I told you in private. I remember that I specifically asked you not to, but all because you can drink legally now, you think you know everything!"