"It's the most romantic time of the year; why am i so alone.

It's the first Valentine's Day of their relationship and he's gone. He's been gone for 2 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 2 hours. He got replaced by Jason who, although his girlfriend is super cool, will never be her Percy. Annabeth had waited anxiously for another sign, one that perhaps will show her that Percy's okay. That Percy's alive. That Percy remembers her.

She had just come back from Sally who, admittedly was a mess without her son. Sally had let her cry until her eyes were swollen and then they made blue cookies. Paul and Sally were much more supportive than her mother, who told her two weeks ago that Percy is nothing. Nothing to her.

It hurt. It still hurts to imagine Percy who's might not even remember who she is. He might not even remember what they had gone through. The war of the Titans nearly killing them both, only for him to be now in the middle of another war.

It wasn't fair!

"Life is never fair, my child."

Annabeth had grabbed her knife and swung it at the man.

The man dodged it and flicked it away.

Annabeth realized only a god could do that and only a god could have the same green eyes that she grew to love so much.

"Lord Poseidon."

"Daughter of Athena."

Annabeth had reluctantly bowed.

She knew she couldn't put her curses towards this specific god (that was saved for when she met a god with peacock feathers and a cheating husband) but she knew she was still somewhat annoyed that he decided to go along with Hera's plan.

"I suppose you are upset with me, daughter of Athena. It is the most romantic time of the year and yet, you are alone."

Annabeth gave the god of the ocean a look.

"Sir, I apologize if this comes off the wrong way but I wouldn't be alone if your sister hadn't taken him away"

"You must understand, child, that I couldn't control that. What's done is what had to be done. And there is no undoing it now."

"I just want to make sure he is okay, sir. I care about Percy a lot. He's one of my best friends and he is my boyfriend."

Annabeth knew, deep down, that was wrong. He wasn't just her boyfriend or her best friend. He was everything she loved in one. She loved the way he smiles. Or the way he could sit and listen to her ramble about architecture, even though he doesn't might understand. It's the way he would always show her the stars at night, pointing to one of a hunter and saying, "that's my friend, Zoe." She loved whenever he had to take a nap (the Achilles curse was no joke) he always forced her to cuddle with him, even if it got them in trouble. Which is always. Always did.

"He is fine. My son is strong. I trust Hera and I suggest you should do the same."

"Sir I-"

But he was already gone.

"Oh, that Poseidon. He always was one for the dramatics."

Annabeth turned.

How was it she could have a visit from two different gods who seem not to be insane and yet when her mother visits, she was crazy.

There stood a woman with the most gorgeous green eyes Annabeth had ever laid her eyes on. She had the most beautiful smile and had long coils of jet-black hair.

Annabeth's month turned agape when she realized who she was.

"Lady Aphrodite, what may I have this pleasure. Surely you are busy on the very day of love."

She faked a smile, fingers crossed Aphrodite wouldn't notice her biting her tongue.

"Oh, Annabeth. I'm never quite that busy for one of the two contestants in my favorite love story. Plus my son, Eros, he's the one who's truly busy today."

"What can I do for you, my lady."

"Be a pleasure and let me do something for you."

Aphrodite waved her hand and Annabeth's outfit had completely changed.

instead of her ratty old camp t-shirt, she was wearing something she could see the popular girls at her school would wear. It was pink and sequined and it gave Annabeth a headache just looking at it.

"Ah, much better. Now to fix up the hair and that pathetic excuse for a necklace."

Annabeth's mind drifted from her hair to protecting her camp necklace immediately.

"Relax, dear. I'm just going to polish them with some magic. Though, I suppose," she held out her hand, "you'd want to keep this."

Aphrodite held out the coral that Percy had gotten her. He had gotten it as a gift from a fish. He told her that the fishes were super excited that they had "finally" gotten together. Apparently, they were the most shipped in the sea, since the Sea of Monsters. (Which was really embarrassing to Annabeth cause it's bad enough with both sides of parents watching but a bunch of fish that have seen you when you were all snotty and stuff. No thanks) (She never said that though. He would laugh about it now.)

"You know, I can sense sadness on the day of love. It's precisely why am I here."

Aphrodite flicked her wrist and there popped up in Annabeth's hand was a ticket to the New York aquarium.

"It isn't much, dear and I know it wouldn't heal your sadness but perhaps if you two reunite, you have stories to tell. Do, though, before I go, take this advice. Love will help you battle through the toughest of situations. Love is more powerful than any war. You mustn't forget."

"Close your eyes, darlin"

She disappeared with the trail of glitter and perfume, leaving Annabeth just standing alone once more.