I once believed love would be burning red (but it's golden)

I can imagine it

It's the first night in their new apartment. They never imagined that they would make it this far.

Paul and Sally already left for the night, on the instance that they were only a couple of minutes away. Percy didn't want to go away from home. New Rome had amazing opportunities but he had his mom and he couldn't leave her again. And he didn't want to miss Estelle grow up.

Annabeth eventually decided that, as a future architect, she should design a place adjacent to New Rome which is how New Athens was born. They both decided that New Athens was a great idea but for now, they wanted to live out of camp and be actual adults (Chiron was very sad to see the little girl he raised go but he knew it best for her) which led them here, in their first apartment that had no heat, random splotches of paint splattered all over it and a musty carpet that smelled like cigars and beer.

Annabeth set down a box labeled 'Fragile' in Annabeth's handwriting on the raggedy carpet.

"Home Sweet Home, Perce."

Percy smiled at her as he trudged into another box.

"We'll make it a home, wise girl. It doesn't look like much but it's ours and that's what's important."

"I'm exhausted." Sighed Annabeth as she wiped the sweat off her brow.

"What? An old hero like you can't carry a couple of boxes?" He smirked.

"Like you said I'm old. I'm retired. I'm going to college now. I can't busy myself with weight training and swimming, unlike someone."

"You make fun of me but don't think I don't notice you eyeing me whenever mom's not looking."

Annabeth flicked him off as she went to crack open a window in their bedroom and set up their bed. It was only a mattress since their bed frame was still getting shipped but Annabeth figured she could put on the bedsheets at the very least.

"Wise Girl, what do you want for dinner?" Percy was walking into the room as Annabeth was being strangled by the fitted sheets. "I'm thinking Chinese or Indian?"

Annabeth laid the sheet down on the bed, placing her hands on her hips.

"I'm craving spicy so Indian I guess."

"Naan and Butter Chicken coming right up."

Annabeth smiled to herself then sighed, eyeing the sheet that refused to cooperate with her.

🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊

After dinner, they were contemplating getting off the couch.

"C'mon Perce. We need to go to bed."

"We can sleep here, on the couch. "

"The couch is too small for us to sleep on."

"We can snuggle though."

"We can snuggle on our freshly made bed."

"The room is cold,' Beth. "

"Even more reason we can snuggle on the bed. Plus, I'm not waking up with your drool in my hair again because we fell asleep on the couch."

"Ugh, help me up."
Annabeth dragged Percy up and led them into their bedroom.

"You are so lucky I love you."

Meaning it as a joke, she didn't expect Percy's baby seal eyes and fond smile to be adjacent to her face.

"Yeah, I really am."

"Go to sleep you sap." She pushed his face away and turned her body.

🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊🦉🌊

Annabeth had to pee. Her clock that lay on her bedside shone in red letters, it was 2 AM. The clock was shaped like an owl and it was a fair well gift from all her siblings.

As she went up to pee, she noticed that the window was still open. She didn't feel cold but as she closed it, she remembers that she awakened covered in a blanket and had socks that weren't originally on her feet the day before. 

She smiled to herself as little octopuses and sea turtles lay on her feet.

Of course, Percy would give her his socks in the middle of the night so she wouldn't have to feel the cold. He hated the cold but he loved her more.

Annabeth snuggled into him as sleep fell over, a smile still graced on her face.