Right Now

Kuvira left Bataar's office feeling much better about the so called situationship on their hands. She still wasn't quite sure how to go about it from there but she was confident in her ability to figure it out. All she knew was that she had Bataar's approval and that was enough for her.

Kuvira merrily made her way from Bataar's office to Suyin's relatively quickly. After knocking sharply on the door, she took a deep breath.

"Have this conversation with Suyin. It's what you've always wanted. Now you finally have your chance to be with her," she thought to herself. She quickly straightened up her appearance as rapid footsteps marched towards the door. Kuvira was greeted with the warm and welcoming smile she had grown to know and love. Her favorite smile.

"I assume the Captain of my royal guard showing up at my door means you have something to tell me?" Suyin prodded with a grin. "Come in Kuvira," she said before opening the doors wider so that both women could fit through. Kuvira made her way to the couch and sat down.

"I just came from Bataar's office," the younger woman said in a quiet tone. Suyin, all too eager, was practically sitting in Kuvira's lap. Her hands went to her captain's face as she stared lovingly into her eyes.

"And?" The older woman asked. It probably wouldn't take much to be able to tell how the conversation with her husband had went but she still wished to hear about it all from her lover.

"I had only one question for him. I asked him how he felt about me," Kuvira replied. Her words made Suyin's heart sink as the younger woman kept a pretty emotionless look for most conversations.

Suyin knew how her husband felt about Kuvira already, and she knew it had never been her place to tell her young protégé. Unsure of how the conversation had gone, she dropped her hands to fiddle with Kuvira's instead.

"What was his response?" Was Suyin's only question. If he hadn't been completely honest with Kuvira, Suyin did not want to be the one to tell her. It was his feelings to tell.

"He told me that I make you happy...and that as long as you're happy, he's happy with me being around. He said he's been around for your highs and lows and he wants me to be as well," she replied as a small smile appeared on her face. "I told him that I would always be around if it made you happy. I'll be around for as long as you'll have me." The smile that adorned her face turned into a slow blush as her eyes finally met Suyin's for the first time during the entire conversation. Suyin reached out to grab her lovers face once more before placing a gentle kiss on her dry lips.

"Now tell me, what does this mean for us?" The older woman asked. "You know what I want. Now it's up for you to decide." Kuvira pursed her lips and thought for a moment. Was this what she truly wanted? Would this make them both happy? Or would either one of them regret it down the road?

"You don't think you would regret it?" The younger woman asked tentatively. Her mentor smiled as she moved closer to place a loving kiss on Kuvira's cheek.

"Kuvira, this is all I've ever wanted. In my mind even if this were to end for whatever reason, I wouldn't regret a second of it," she replied. She knew what she wanted. And what she wanted, was Kuvira.

"Then I think we have our answer don't we?" Kuvira asked, sucking in a deep breath to calm her nerves. "I'd like to be in a relationship with you Suyin. I want to be your partner."

That warm and loving smile she had always known came back as it spread rapidly across her lovers face. Suyin's arms found Kuvira's neck as she pulled her in for a deep and loving kiss. All was as it should've been between the two lovebirds. Suyin finally had her missing puzzle piece.