Chapter 7 | You Monster

The next day, the snow had already covered a lot of the area, even inside the Wisteria house, the two hashira were freezing.

"Thank you very much for the stay!" Shinobu exclaimed, waving gratefully at the ladies who had just attended their stay.

"Alright, Tomioka-san!" She smiled, "I think we should be at our desired location in a couple of hours."

He followed Shinobu obediently the whole way to the town where multiple people had gone missing, he didn't speak much, but his mind was going crazy about last night.

There was a different Shinobu behind the smiling face, one he had never noticed in such clear detail. She was sympathetic, and even unhappy, he could clearly tell by her voice tone last night, and without the illusion that her smile created, it was obvious her smile was not always authentic.

"Moshi, moshi," she called out, breaking Tomioka out of his thoughts, "I believe this is where are meant to be!"

Tomioka turned his head to see the beautiful landscape around him, the lamposts looked as though they had not been cleaned in a while but the dark vines that wrapped around each one perfectly, made them look part of the theme.

The lamposts lead to a dense forest, definitely overgrown and in need of serious chopping.

Now, this was somewhere a demon would like to call home or stay at whilst massacring an entire town.

"The sun is setting, we should start going in," Tomioka muttered underneath his breath.

Hiking into the mountain was not an easy task, for Shinobu, she could've easily glided tree-top to tree-top, but for Tomioka, he would have to deal with the thick stumps and unequal land.

Shinobu did not want to leave behind Tomioka though, so she helped him cut the vines as much as she could and kept him company.

"Has no one bothered to ever make a path he-" Tomioka began but paused shortly after hearing an unusual sound.

"Hashira." The voice echoed, it sounded disgusting, almost like the throat had been sliced from the inside.

Where is this voice coming from? Why can I not pinpoint this stupid voice?

Tomioka asked himself those very words. But it was true, the voice sounded like it was coming from every possible direction, almost as though the demon was moving so incredibly fast and gracefully that it did not make a single sound.

He drew his sword, ready to attack at any moment but he never got the chance. The demon did not show its body, only its ragged voice, torturing the two Hashira.

"Why is it that you two are so special?" the demon questioned, "after all, you could never be able to catch up to me, let alone slice off my head! I can already feel it, today is the day I will receive more of Master Muzan's blood!"

"I wouldn't say that if I were you," Tomioka snarled back, "You're the one who is hesitating to attack me."

A breach of silence lay between Shinobu, Tomioka and the demon for an agonizing few minutes until the demon finally spoke again.

"Attack you?" It chuckled, "now tell me, why would I attack you... when I could attack your little partner over there?"

But before Tomioka got a chance to react, the demon had already cut a deep wound into Shinobu's tiny waist.

He was shocked, the sight of his dear friend laying there, gasping for air and coughing out blood was enough to fill him with anger.

"KOCHO!" He yelled, his bottom jaw gnashing against his top, "I'll make you pay for this you idiotic monster!"